Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Diver dagger (R Klaas)

Article about: Hi there, Found this diver dagger in an old collection. Is this the real deal? Thanks in advance! Willem

Default Diver dagger (R Klaas)

Hi there,

Found this diver dagger in an old collection.
    Is this the real deal?

Thanks in advance!

Willem

Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    Diver dagger (R Klaas)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Diver dagger (R Klaas)
    P
    Many

Hey Willem. I d have a look at this thread as your knife is very similar and probably falls under the same category. Unfortunately the logo looks etched and weak I would also think the blade would be stamped rostfrei as well, but I'm not familiar enough with them to say for certain. But imo a postwar item unfortunately. Kindest regards.

Brian

german ww2 divers knife

Possibly from the same source - this one also IMO is a postwar fake. Perhaps not as obvious to a casual observer to me it looks like more of an amateurs attempt. Best Regards, Fred

?

Agreed not an authentic piece. Blade to me and maker mark agree is a give away as post war.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

The maker mark is undoubtedly fake as it is so poor. The same person who applied the very poor Eickhorn mark in the thread Brian highlighted may well have done this one. Actually few Solingen makers made these knives, J.A Henckels did, i'm not aware of others. Also WW1 & Kriegsmarine would have acceptance marks. The knife itself is of a style prior to Third Reich era, it's more early 1900's, 1910's with that rounded scabbard and pommel screw. But this style of diver's knife was also made by the French and some have no marks on the blade. So there is a possibility that the knife itself is old, maybe French, but has been doctored to give it a maker's mark (to increase value and suggest German made).

Diver dagger (R Klaas)

Our Indian friends at Windlass do produce a repro WW2 era knife (which this one isn't). A search of diving antique websites do show French and unmarked knives of the type of the OP's.

Thanks all.
    I can believe the blade is postwar, but I can't believe that the other parts have been made to make a fake German divers dagger.
    I believe your thinking of a French knife converted in a German one to sell for a higher price. This dagger is older than 1975, not just a mass-produces Polish fake...

Willem

?

Willem a lot of fakes are made in the 60ths.
    Some are remarkable well made, look for example for the bergsmann Hewer.....

Ger