Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?

Article about: I can't seem to find any other PUMA knives with this logo, if this is indeed a Puma logo? The blade is stamped 1944 on the other side. Not my pics, but they are not bad. This knife is part o

Default Re: Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    It's never been said it's Luftwaffe, so it's maybe not Luftwaffe. ...
    The knive(s) you showed in this thread are fakes of the fighting knife of the Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe.

The Wehrmacht-Heer also used fighting knives in their units, but, not this particular pattern !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?
    P
    Many

Ok, I see. And beautiful collection, btw.

I think I have found the answer to the Puma knife in question. Will be back in a bit with a plausible explanation.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    The knive(s) you showed in this thread are fakes of the fighting knife of the Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe.

The Wehrmacht-Heer also used fighting knives in their units, but, not this particular pattern !
    Ok, got it ;-) Sorry for misunderstanding.

It seems that a lot of this sellers blades are restamped (oddly enough with the same exact font/size...) with random dates, like 1884, 1888, in this case 1944.

Really a stupid and despicable thing to do as it totally defaces any original items, not necessarily in the case of this knife, but definitely in the case of restamped bayonet blades they have for sale ;-(

As far as the Puma logo, more than likely another set (couple sets in fact) of letter stamps, the cursive ones are odd... but definitely someone in the business of trying to defraud buyers.

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    It seems that a lot of this sellers blades are restamped (oddly enough with the same exact font/size...) with random dates, like 1884, 1888, in this case 1944.
    Really a stupid and despicable thing to do as it totally defaces any original items, not necessarily in the case of this knife, but definitely in the case of restamped bayonet blades they have for sale ;-( As far as the Puma logo, more than likely another set (couple sets in fact) of letter stamps, the cursive ones are odd... but definitely someone in the business of trying to defraud buyers.
    Of late there seems to be an 'uptick' in the number of various fake items reported as coming from the former East Bloc. Is this where the knives are coming from? And as a matter of general interest, I think that some images of what is being done with bayonets could also be helpful in avoiding future fakes - which no doubt will soon on their way seeking buyers. FP

Here's a couple of this seller's bayonets, all weirdly dated with [obviously] the same stamps...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3