Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dress/Police Bayonet frogs, Thoughts and opinions on these? THX!!!!!!!!!!! ;-))))

Article about: Ok, so I found a couple frogs that look unusual, anyone have any experience with these? The one with the round hole in the back looks like it could be post war? The one with the metal back i

Default Dress/Police Bayonet frogs, Thoughts and opinions on these? THX!!!!!!!!!!! ;-))))

Ok, so I found a couple frogs that look unusual, anyone have any experience with these? The one with the round hole in the back looks like it could be post war?

The one with the metal back is wartime?

TIA guys!!! ;-)

Dress/Police Bayonet frogs, Thoughts and opinions on these? THX!!!!!!!!!!! ;-))))

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress/Police Bayonet frogs, Thoughts and opinions on these? THX!!!!!!!!!!! ;-))))
    P
    Many

Default Re: Dress/Police Bayonet frogs, Thoughts and opinions on these? THX!!!!!!!!!!! ;-))))

Did I post in the wrong place?

Default Re: Dress/Police Bayonet frogs, Thoughts and opinions on these? THX!!!!!!!!!!! ;-))))

No Not at all Kieth sorry for the late reply..I feel spring is in the air with many members as the warmer weather tends to bring out the best in the young ladies..which we cant help but to notice hang tight someone will be along to help authenticate the frog. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No idea on the last one but the first is a fine ww2 era dress bayo frog.
    D.R.P. stands for Deutsches Reichspatent which literally means 'German imperial patent.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The first frog is rather rare to find.
    I have seen them for private purchase use from all branches.
    Some people think that D.R.P. is for Deutsches Reich Post. Wrong!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hello,

yes wrong... D.R.P. is "Deutsches Reich Patent"

The frog is not realy rare.

Reagrds

Agree with every thing on DRP metal backed dress frog as Sleep Walker says not really rare but a little harder to find metal was to keep wear off uniform. Second one appears to me to be Municipal Police dress bayonet frog in black I have read where these would fit Stag Police Dress bayonet or Service police 84/98 I had a brown rural police frog made just like it that took both bayonets. timothy