Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??

Article about: I just bought this Red Cross dagger at an estate sale for \\$325, which I thought was a pretty good buy! When I got to looking it over more, I noticed on the SIDE of the handle it is stamped 4

Thanks for all the replies!!! I wasn't sure if the markings were unit markings or some kind of personal marking. I am very happy with it. I will search for a frog to make it complete! What is the going rate (average) for a frog for this? $80? $100? $50.... thanks again for all the input.

Bill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??
    P
    Many

Hi Bill, the frog listed in the link kindly provided is $80. That sounds OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I emailed about that one, but I was also going to try to call as well as suggested... thanks! It sounded OK to me too, but I have no idea what the going rate is for a frog for this dagger..

Hi Bill, I cannot recall how much my frog was now as it was some years ago? But I have a feeling it was not cheap, maybe around the £45 mark.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That is a good price for the frog, anything under 100 I would say is good, they do not come around too often, and it is nicely dated also, good luck!

I went ahead and bought the frog for $80 ($90 shipped). It looked to be in pretty good shape and it will look good with this dagger.

It will look great, post photos when you have it all together.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    It will look great, post photos when you have it all together.
    I agree with John.... once all together it would be a nice addition to your collection..and ours here on the forum. looking forward to it!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2