Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DRK Mann’s Hewer Portepee.

Article about: Hi All I know I’ve shown this DRK before.... but I’ve since added the DRK Portepee for the Mann’s Hewer. Some say it existed, others not! .... However I think it makes a nice addition. See w

That’s true Larry ... and the original wearers of these items are few and far between now!!
    So as you say, unless these things are documented or have proof by original photographs it’s a case of ‘Who knows for sure’
    Thanks Stevade

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Mann’s Hewer Portepee.
    P
    Many

?

With DRK there is a lot of information to be honest, I have an associate who has spent months reading through regulations and learning all about some of the contracts regarding the DRK (this is why I know 100% you will never find a oval nursing badge that isn't Stubbe since they are the only recorded manufacturer). No information had been found for EM Portepee, could it still be there? yes but it is seemingly unlikely. There seems to be many portepee but no photo evidence.

As Larry stated... So much documentation has been destroyed since the end of WW2.
    Because there’s no proof in writing of these type of things doesn’t mean it didn’t exist.

no period photos showing one in use?

William Kramer

Quote by all1knew View Post
    no period photos showing one in use?

William Kramer
    There is a subforum for just these kinds of Inwear photos.Only 2 photos in this thread.
    DRK- Deutsche Red Cross & Social Welfare Leader
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I was more or less wanting to see a hewer with a knot in wear, for enlisted ranks.

William Kramer

The best I can direct you would be here

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...a-third-reich/

The forums search engine is excellent also.
    Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2