Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Sawback Fireman's Dress Dagger by Eickhorn?

Article about: Hey all. This is a first for me. I've never seen a Sawback fireman's dress dagger before. I'm assuming this is pre WWII? What do you guys think? Does anyone else have photos or experience wi

Default Early Sawback Fireman's Dress Dagger by Eickhorn?

Hey all. This is a first for me. I've never seen a Sawback fireman's dress dagger before. I'm assuming this is pre WWII? What do you guys think? Does anyone else have photos or experience with these? Thank you.
    Early Sawback Fireman's Dress Dagger by Eickhorn?Early Sawback Fireman's Dress Dagger by Eickhorn?Early Sawback Fireman's Dress Dagger by Eickhorn?Early Sawback Fireman's Dress Dagger by Eickhorn?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Sawback Fireman's Dress Dagger by Eickhorn?
    P
    Many

It is Third Reich and legit'. Has the correctly stamped period Eickhorn TM. These fire service/police dress sidearms can be found in long and short pattern with saw back. Nice to see a desireable accountability number on your bayonet, not too often seen.

Nice ! Can you take a top view pic showing the teeth on the blade ?

?

A very nice and desirable, Third Reich era, firemans sawback faschinenmesser!

Jim

I agree, a very nice looking sawback fire bayonet that dates from the 3RD, specifically the '35-'41 period. I also like the accountability number on the crossguard, not many fire bayonets had accountability or unit markings.

One thing I've noticed about Eickhorn sawbacks when compared to those by other makers, Eicks had very noticiably wider blades.

?

Nice Sawback Bayo Naptime. Thanks for showing your piece. Here is a link to my site with my short Alcoso sawback for reference. Billy G helped me identify the portepee as a Feuerwehr, officer grade knot.

Fireman's Short Sawback Bayonet
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks guys. There's a sad ending to this story. I mailed the money to the seller for this dagger. This was almost 3 weeks ago. I have not received the bayonet or heard from the seller since. Fortunately, I used PayPal so I should get my money back. If you see this same knife being advertised online, run away!

Sad to hear this..I hope this individual can buy a house for himself ..if this amount was worth stealing ...yet you went through the correct process..and the safest way of retrieving your money. There will be other Sawbacks to be had. Be patient. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Can you name the seller who has caused you this problem and disappointment? We can then watch out for him and spread the word.

Things can go missing in the mail all the time but that's no reason for the seller to drop off the face of the earth & cease contact, just another scammer. At least you'll get your money back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast