Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Edged Weapon Poll

Article about: So what gets your juices flowing most when looking at a dress dagger, sword, knife or bayonet? I know now after 30 years what I like but I wanted to throw this out to the veteran collectors

?

Nice question Kirk and not a question i can easily respond to.
    I love it when im able to reveal the history of an item like i did with my Honourring of the city of Frankfurt.
    I also been thrilled by finding a lid of a fieldoven which bears the weapon of the 5th Landwehr Pioniere Battalion on the battlefield of Verdun in the middle of the trenches
    That landwehr Pionier Battalion has fought in Tannenberg against the Russions and no futher history after that....I know their last station has been the Verdun battlefield!
    I have cherished the rusty long German saber bayonets and the French M1886 rifle i found on the Verdun Battlefield.
    I would never buy a relic, i need to find them myself, i have found over 2000 coins with my metaldetector, but will never buy a missing coin..

I have a large interest in all kinds of stuff, but when it comes to collecting daggers i prefer the good, mint, timecapsule ones....like they are left just yesterday instead of 70 years ago.

And my interests are always changing, it changed througout the years from Amo to uniforms to daggers, swords all kind of blades......bino's...
    Sometimes i just have to buy an item, just to enjoy it and i can easily sell it a few months later, no need for me to stash it like i used to.
    The hunt is more important, when the doorbell rings and a new item lands on my doorstep then im just like a kid getting a present on his birthday.....

I like to learn form seasoned collectors, but also share easily, i dont like keeping it all to myself, if i can help with what i learned so far im happy to do that.
    Thats why Danny and I are in the process of making a bright new army reference book, that way we contribute to this collector society.
    We have a great hobby, and being surrounded by nice fellow collectors sure help!

Regards,
    Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Edged Weapon Poll
    P
    Many

?

Hell Yes! Appreciate the thoughtful and passionate responses. Great insights from the great collector minds on here. Great knowledge is power and diversity is a great thing. Keep them coming and thanks!!!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

if I like something I get it,relic, mint, not always military.

?

Well I just started out about a year ago during the most difficult time in my life, the loss of my dad. Out of that bad time came the purest thing I've ever known.During the clean up period I started coming across all these treasures along the way. See, my grandfather was the guy of guy that saved everything. From vintage hunting and fishing, to stamps, to coins, but when I found the Militaria the fire was light. I love learning the history of an item, appreciating the craftsmanship and holding the piece in your hand. It's almost like when you were little and knowing you were getting a present made you tingle with anticipation and excitement. For me seeing a piece and then actually getting it is the best. You know I used to think when I was younger that the most important thing was where the next party was, but nothing is better then actually enjoying something. Seeing a TR dagger I haven't seen before or one I can afford really opens my eyes and makes me feel like that little kid again. So I say if you find a hobby you love hang on to it because there are harder to find then you think. Thanks to all the great minds out there. I've learned more in the 3 days on this forum then I did in a year on my own.

?

Quote by philly View Post
    Well I just started out about a year ago during the most difficult time in my life, the loss of my dad. Out of that bad time came the purest thing I've ever known.During the clean up period I started coming across all these treasures along the way. See, my grandfather was the guy of guy that saved everything. From vintage hunting and fishing, to stamps, to coins, but when I found the Militaria the fire was light. I love learning the history of an item, appreciating the craftsmanship and holding the piece in your hand. It's almost like when you were little and knowing you were getting a present made you tingle with anticipation and excitement. For me seeing a piece and then actually getting it is the best. You know I used to think when I was younger that the most important thing was where the next party was, but nothing is better then actually enjoying something. Seeing a TR dagger I haven't seen before or one I can afford really opens my eyes and makes me feel like that little kid again. So I say if you find a hobby you love hang on to it because there are harder to find then you think. Thanks to all the great minds out there. I've learned more in the 3 days on this forum then I did in a year on my own.
    I joined last October Philly after 30 years of doing it alone. I was too scared, stupid and prideful. My Opa died 6 years ago and I almost quit collecting. One time I tried WAF and did not have the same experience as here. Stories like yours are awesome my friend. The people on this forum are like family and I am so blessed to have dropped my guard. I had 2 hidden issues in my collection that were unearthed due to many friends willing to help me. It does not get any better than WRF! From knowledge to friendship it is all here. Thanks for taking time to share what makes you tick and your story. I also am sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. My condolences!

Default I like stuff with a story

Like my Cousin's 1918 trench knife he got off an SS man who " didn't need it anymore"
    Edged Weapon Poll in the Hurtgenwald. The SS man must have gotten it from a GI. Has the patina of age and a great backstory.

?

Unfortunately I do not speak good English.
    Excuse me!
    My passion for collecting is considered the Hitler Youth and the young people.
    for me the pieces of the youth are very interesting.
    you can just Hitlerjugend very well see also the madness of world war II.
    what with hope,playing and scout camps began often ended with death and misery.
    the hj knives one sees, for example, as well as the quality of the early years. exactly how it looks with beautiful custom flags and banners from.
    the early flags and pennants were designed partly very loving and at the end
    was all still sterile.
    I hope you could understand something I wanted to say.

greetings

?

Thank you so much. It means a lot. I'm sorry for your loss as well. I'm sure we will be talking a lot

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice question Kirk and not a question i can easily respond to.
    I love it when im able to reveal the history of an item like i did with my Honourring of the city of Frankfurt.
    I also been thrilled by finding a lid of a fieldoven which bears the weapon of the 5th Landwehr Pioniere Battalion on the battlefield of Verdun in the middle of the trenches
    That landwehr Pionier Battalion has fought in Tannenberg against the Russions and no futher history after that....I know their last station has been the Verdun battlefield!
    I have cherished the rusty long German saber bayonets and the French M1886 rifle i found on the Verdun Battlefield.
    I would never buy a relic, i need to find them myself, i have found over 2000 coins with my metaldetector, but will never buy a missing coin..

I have a large interest in all kinds of stuff, but when it comes to collecting daggers i prefer the good, mint, timecapsule ones....like they are left just yesterday instead of 70 years ago.

And my interests are always changing, it changed througout the years from Amo to uniforms to daggers, swords all kind of blades......bino's...
    Sometimes i just have to buy an item, just to enjoy it and i can easily sell it a few months later, no need for me to stash it like i used to.
    The hunt is more important, when the doorbell rings and a new item lands on my doorstep then im just like a kid getting a present on his birthday.....

I like to learn form seasoned collectors, but also share easily, i dont like keeping it all to myself, if i can help with what i learned so far im happy to do that.
    Thats why Danny and I are in the process of making a bright new army reference book, that way we contribute to this collector society.
    We have a great hobby, and being surrounded by nice fellow collectors sure help!

Regards,
    Ger
    Ger....Personal thanks for being willing to be bold and encourage me to get in the game on here. I am grateful to you and Danny and many others. I have been able to forge what I feel are life long relationships. I look forward to that book you guys are putting together. I want to buy a signed copy! Be well. Rossi

Nice topic common salty used dress bayonets worn by the common solider nothing exotic or fancy but just a symbol of the German solider next armed forces officers dress daggers. timothy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast