Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn Feuerwehr dolch

Article about: Hi All, Slowly adding to my collection and came across this handsome and rarely seen Fire Officer Dagger, the maker mark dates this one to around mid 1920's, its nickel plated and about 19 i

Default Eickhorn Feuerwehr dolch

Hi All,
    Slowly adding to my collection and came across this handsome and rarely seen Fire Officer Dagger, the maker mark dates this one to around mid 1920's, its nickel plated and about 19 inches long in scabbard, scabbard leather is sound, and grip leather shows some wear, blade cleaned up pretty good but does still have some age grey, the blade is lightly etched with a floral pattern and fire emblems, it was hard to photo it but I did the best i could, I believe the clover leaf patter crossguard was only produced by Eickhorn. along with the door knob style pommel, The hangers for this one are almost impossible to find or afford but I will always keep looking. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Feuerwehr dolch   Eickhorn Feuerwehr dolch  

Eickhorn Feuerwehr dolch   Eickhorn Feuerwehr dolch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Feuerwehr dolch
    P
    Many

Hi John ...it appears there may be Pommel variations and this may be one for Gerrit anderson and Fred to chime in on .
    I pulled a link from Wittmanns site including photos before the item at some point may be sold. Price tag : $2500 US
    Wittmann Militaria #37196C Imperial Fire Official's Dirk by WKC

Eickhorn Feuerwehr dolchEickhorn Feuerwehr dolch
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry there are a couple of different designs, and the WKC you show is one of them.
    I like the Eickhorn shown in this thread, beautiful etch in good condition on this blade, and thats not that easy to find!
    I had a different style Eickhorn, but i like the design and style of the one shown!

Congratz on this great Fire officials dirk!

Regards
    Ger

Thanks guys, I love the clean classy look and feel, definitely for a dress or going out occasion, if anyone wants to buy it for the price listed in Larry's post please contact me asap !

Hi John..I would prefer you also post it forsale in the forums classified section.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'm late to the party on this one, sorry. The pommel variations are the result of the daggers being from different makers. The originally posted dagger was an Eickhorn product which used a specific door knob type & had clover leaf type quillions. The products of WKC (or WK&C depending on when produced) used the ball pommel & had spear-point type quillions.

Both Eickhorn & WKC were the big producers of Feuerwehr Official daggers although some smaller cottage makers can occasionally be seen with some variations. I've seen a few examples by Alcoso, Clemen & Jung & Pack, all of which used Eickhorn fittings but had different type grips & different etch templates. Ewald Cleff utilized WLC fittings. But the vast majority of FW daggers you will encounter will either be marked or unmarked Eickhorns or WKC.