Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EM Red Cross Hewer to Share

Article about: I have had this one for a little while but thought it was a good example to share. There is some crazing in the paint on the one side of the scabbard and there is a hole on the back side of

Default EM Red Cross Hewer to Share

I have had this one for a little while but thought it was a good example to share. There is some crazing in the paint on the one side of the scabbard and there is a hole on the back side of the frog that should not be there. Everything else is in pretty god condition. Although not that popular I do collect combat medic items from Germany & US. All comments are welcome as I am still learning.
    John

EM Red Cross Hewer to ShareEM Red Cross Hewer to ShareEM Red Cross Hewer to ShareEM Red Cross Hewer to ShareEM Red Cross Hewer to ShareEM Red Cross Hewer to ShareEM Red Cross Hewer to Share

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EM Red Cross Hewer to Share
    P
    Many

A very nice clean example!
    As I learned after posting my example, yours is likely a Klaas produced hewer. It is probably marked under the handle slabs.
    The two side screws on the lower fitting of the scabbard would indicate this.
    My hanger is also stamped with a capital H. Mine also has the hole in the backside, likely put there by the vet to display on his wall.
    You can see it here.
    DRK Hewer, new to my collection.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-04-2017 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Typo
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A very nice example John!. One of my favorite blades, I always chuckle to myself about the blunted tips to make it a "non weapon", but yet it weighs probably two pounds with a sawtooth spine. Being clubbed with one of them would surely do some damage lol. Thanks for sharing. Best regards.

Brian

John congratulations

The condition is quite excellent including the frog. A Red cross belt buckle and armband will dress it up in a Micro display.
    Thanks for sharing always a pleasure to see the other branches of service the TR era had to offer in edged weapons.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Way Cool !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you for the comments.
    I am posting (in the proper forum) an arm band to go with it that I am not so certain on.
    John

Yes it is in the correct forum..my suggestion was to create a display for yourself with those items. The display is welcomed here also which will highlight the Red Cross Hewer

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This is a great DRK Hauer made by Klaas.
    I prefer Klaas over Luneschloss ( the ones without the screws on the lower scabbard fitting)
    That Luneschloss disk on the back of the guard easily cracks, the Klaas ones are more stable.

Thx for showing,
    Ger

?

Nice Rig!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Very nice DRK Hewer John

i like the style of these heavy Hewers

Regards Mac 66

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast