Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

F.W. Holler Polizei Bayonet and Alcoso Luftwaffe Dress Bayonet, Beautiful Survivors!!!

Article about: Well the pics are sized properly per the site regs (200kb max?), so hopefully they won't disappear after a couple days... since it's also impossible to edit your posts after some time has el

Default F.W. Holler Polizei Bayonet and Alcoso Luftwaffe Dress Bayonet, Beautiful Survivors!!!

Well the pics are sized properly per the site regs (200kb max?), so hopefully they won't disappear after a couple days... since it's also impossible to edit your posts after some time has elapsed.

I picked up what seems to be Luft dress bayonet (?) last week. I've actually known about it for a long time, but suddenly found myself interested in it. Story on it is that a local WWII vet passed away last year, and no one in his family was interested in his stuff... so this group of three knives ended up at a second hand store. Really quite unbelievable that no one would want to keep this stuff, but they wanted the $$$. I saw the stuff then, there was the dress bayonet, and USN Robeson fighting knife, they had just sold the third one, a WWII Commando dagger I wished I'd gotten.

Anyway, I was surprised to see that the Alcoso was still there, and after thinking about it a little bit, found myself going back again and taking it home. Was just going to re-sell it to fund other stuff cause i'm not really into dress blades, but I keep liking it a little bit more all the time.

Then the Polizei bayonet popped out of the woodwork yesterday, with provenance papers. A GI from Bayonne NJ, who passed away last year at the age of 91, the person who received this as a gift from him when he was a kid had a sworn statement of provenance on the bayonet, notarized by a Notary Public in Texas. Anyway, I took time out of my day to make the deal happen.

And here it is ;-)

Last edited by Doppelgänger; 04-03-2013 at 04:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.W. Holler Polizei Bayonet and Alcoso Luftwaffe Dress Bayonet, Beautiful Survivors!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: F.W. Holler Polizei Bayonet and Alcoso Luftwaffe Dress Bayonet, Beautiful Survivors!!!

Very nice collection, especially stag grip dress bayonet and Police bayonet.
    Congratulations.

Regards
    Vedran

Default Re: F.W. Holler Polizei Bayonet and Alcoso Luftwaffe Dress Bayonet, Beautiful Survivors!!!

Two beautiful pieces - Nice finds.........!
    ( Did you buy the Robeson as well ? )
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Kieth...Great conditioned pickups..and the photos are beautiful...do yourself a favor save the photos to your computer or a flash drive just in case something happens. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thx guys ;-)

At this point the Alcoso was the only thing he had left, but I was never that interested in the Robeson, even though I don't have one. I have the pics in my hard drive of course, the originals are around 2mb each, so there was some quality loss to shrink them down to 200kb for the site. Anyway, they are nothing I couldn't shoot again, probably better...