Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Fire Department Dress Axe

Article about: I was surprised to see this piece walk into the shop today. I hadn't ever had one walk in before.

Default Fire Department Dress Axe

I was surprised to see this piece walk into the shop today. I hadn't ever had one walk in before.

Fire Department Dress AxeFire Department Dress AxeFire Department Dress AxeFire Department Dress AxeFire Department Dress AxeFire Department Dress Axe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fire Department Dress Axe
    P
    Many

Never seen one of those before, thanks for showing.
    Are they rare?
    Beautiful item!

Cheers,
    Jonas

?

Nice one.

Very nice, sometimes you find them engraved too.

matty

Very nice dress axe, the plain ones are somewhat common believe it or not, now the engraved ones are where the money is!!! These also come with the accountrement of a leather hanger, Whitmann has some fancy ones for sale. Nice score though I always kind of wanted one.

?

Damn Dutchman!!! You had some great stuff walk into your shop today!!!!!
    Nice Axe!! Did it walk in with the Lionhead sword?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Damn Dutchman!!! You had some great stuff walk into your shop today!!!!! Nice Axe!! Did it walk in with the Lionhead sword? Semper Fi Phil
    It did. There is a second lions head sword and a regimental pipe that walked in as well but I didn't have time to get pics of those.

Nice period ax. They are seldom encountered. I had an engraved model with it's original Eichorn storage bag walk in on a motel buy in the mid 80's. It was the only one I ever encountered. I asked the guy if he brought back anything else and he rolled up his pants leg and rapped his prosthetic leg! He told me he was in the Pacific and due to his wound, all of his Japanese souvenirs disappeared. The ax was a gift to him from a friend who fought in Europe. Nice ax Dutchman!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Matt..nice pick up. I have seen these with a chain hanger attachment..which would connect to the 2 carrying rings. I cant seem to find a photo at the moment. These Dress Axes are underated and deserve better..compared to their other non political counterparts. Maybe because there is no swastika on it? The other thought is..they were not laying all over the battle field..or found in droves. This in itself should make these quite rare to have. There are more Firemans bayonets than dress axes. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill