Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German blades cache

Article about: I picked these up for a hundred bucks the other day...I think I know what they are but not for sure...thoughts? Approx values?

Quote by dramos View Post
    Now that you have an idea of what each one is would you be able to post each one in its correct forum. IF you do that and add some more detailed pictures of each one you will be able to get much better answers.
    I agree also if you may separate the above examples to their appropriate forums which would be beneficial for study. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German blades cache
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I agree also if you may separate the above examples to their appropriate forums which would be beneficial for study. Regards Larry
    in progress

?

Look forward to seeing the different blades posted seperately and hearing more, but looks like you did very well (how is that for an understatement!).

?

I have a feeling the Eickhorn may be post-war. I had always had the idea the logo was supposed to be upright when pointing the blade up. This one is upside down , I think.
    If I am right, this doesn't mean it's a reproduction. The Eickhorn firm continued to make daggers postwar .

?

I posted them together because it was a Cache find...I usually do this to show what kinda deal was made.

?

German blades cache

?

Thanks for sharing, fbeaty. you got a reasonable deal it sounds like.

?

Quote by fbeaty View Post
    I posted them together because it was a Cache find...I usually do this to show what kinda deal was made.
    ..........and thats no problem. We appreciate a 'cache' pic. But when values are asked for, its better to post each item individually to avoid clutter & confusion.

We have often seen people getting confused as to which item is referred to (third item from top reverse angle -etc etc).

Posting items individually will be an advantage for both you and those 'in-the-know.'

Further more, members are more inclined to help with info & value, if items are posted as per forum guide lines.

We appreciate your understanding in advance

?

Thanks, the things I am unfamilar with I ask for general value.

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    I have a feeling the Eickhorn may be post-war. I had always had the idea the logo was supposed to be upright when pointing the blade up. This one is upside down , I think.
    If I am right, this doesn't mean it's a reproduction. The Eickhorn firm continued to make daggers postwar .
    I looked on this forum and found the Eickhorn is displayed same way as mine...on other LW daggers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast