Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

german boot knife??

Article about: Evening all wondered if anyone could give me any info on this knife I'm thinking it's ww1 or something a solider has made them self's? As I've never seen one like it before? Any help would b

Default german boot knife??

Evening all wondered if anyone could give me any info on this knife I'm thinking it's ww1 or something a solider has made them self's? As I've never seen one like it before? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german boot knife??   german boot knife??  

german boot knife??   german boot knife??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german boot knife??
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Pre 1945..maybe an export piece. Post '45 I would assume it would say West Germany.

Just my thoughts
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

To me, the fact that it has Germany on the blade means that it was intended for export. Also the stacked leather washer is something I usually associate with British commercial knives of the 1940s/ 50s. Happy to be proven wrong, but I would think that this this is a commercial, or possibly a bot scouts knife from the 40s or 50s. How long is the blade?

Thanks for the info guys I haven't brought I I was offered it today and I said I would think about it as I have never seen anything like it before so I took pictures and said I would get back to the guy I haven't got the measurements of the blade but it's about the same size as a hitler youth knife

MAP
    ?

I still think it's a commercial piece.

Blade does look similar to a HJ but IMHO why not. It was a good design.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for you help guys, think I will leave that one alone then!

CBH
    ?

I would make a great camp knife , nice design and high quality steel . But I would say it was an export hunting knife not a combat item .
    Cheers

If anyone wants it the guy who has it wants £20 for it give me a shout if interested

CBH
    ?

Quote by Panzer trooper View Post
    If anyone wants it the guy who has it wants £20 for it give me a shout if interested
    Thanks for the offer , but I have too many knives already ! And live in Canada , and 20 seems a little steep .
    Cheers Chris

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    To me, the fact that it has Germany on the blade means that it was intended for export. Also the stacked leather washer is something I usually associate with British commercial knives of the 1940s/ 50s. Happy to be proven wrong, but I would think that this this is a commercial, or possibly a bot scouts knife from the 40s or 50s. How long is the blade?
    This is the most accurate description so far. Even 60's or 70's.
    Many post war knives from Germany are marked in this manner. Typical hunting/sheath knife produced in Germany after the war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)