Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

German bootknives

Article about: Yes you're right

?

Default Re: German bootknives

A few more pictures of my german ones:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bootknives   German bootknives  

German bootknives   German bootknives  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German bootknives
    P
    Many

Five knives and only two pic´s ?

Why not five pic´s for every single knife ?

The knuckle-duster deserves even more ...

?

Hehe... I will pack them up, and take new pictures some day Here are some more old pictures from my knife collection. Both knives were brought to Norway during WW2, but from where? A little quiz to all of you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bootknives   German bootknives  

Here´s an Infanteriemesser 42 from F.W. Höller

Sadly the scabbard´s missing, but the knife shows a maker´s mark and also a nice crossgraining !

Quote by agv44 View Post
    Hehe... I will pack them up, and take new pictures some day Here are some more old pictures from my knife collection. Both knives were brought to Norway during WW2, but from where? A little quiz to all of you
    Made from an Dutch Stormdolk

?

Bingo! The big one is a Dutch stormdolk M1917, and the other one is a post M1917. The story tell that the german shortned the knives themselvs, but I dont now why. Maybe they need fieldknives more than fightingknives? The scabbards was also shortned, but I do not have this one yet.

OK, took some pics of my LW boot knife. Not as pristine as some others shown, but a nice example still. Also a couple more fighting knives. The streaks and what look like scratches on LW knife, is just RIG rust inhibitive grease, it is not buffed or scratched, or re-sharpened at all, just a few spots of discoloration

Regards, Steve

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Here´s an Infanteriemesser 42 from F.W. Höller

Sadly the scabbard´s missing, but the knife shows a maker´s mark and also a nice crossgraining !
    Very Nice knife Reibert, you also take very good pics. I like the background items added. I am trying to find a nice EK2 also.

Regards, Steve

Quote by agv44 View Post
    Bingo! The big one is a Dutch stormdolk M1917, and the other one is a post M1917. The story tell that the german shortned the knives themselvs, but I dont now why. Maybe they need fieldknives more than fightingknives? The scabbards was also shortned, but I do not have this one yet.
    Fighting knive´s where mostly used as field-knives/utility-knive´s in the Wehrmacht ...

The dutch Stromdolk was in use in the Wehrmacht as "Dolch 115 (h)".
    I´ve read, that the "Division z.b.V. 800" was equipped with this dagger.

But also other units of the Wehrmacht used captured weapons of other Army´s ...

German bootknives  

Hi, there !

A couple of day´s ago I swapped a very interesting German trench-knife of WW I.

The maker is Backhaus, Solingen.

This is a "sawback" and show´s 64 teeth.

Some collector´s think, that the saw blade was meant to be used to cut barbed wire and the slot was designed to snap the wire (put the wire in the slot and twist).

IMO this is not very practical ...

But I heard, the signals preferred to use this kind of knife.

Maybe some of you know´s more about it ?

Cheers,

R.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast