Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German fire parade axe

Article about: Have thw opportunity to buy this axe have never held one or even seen one in person . what do you guys think . Gary

?

Kris could you also thank your friend for me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German fire parade axe
    P
    Many

Stuka F...

That was an excellent and definitive explanation from your friend.. Very informative and quite helpful... Thank you again for your contributions to the forum as well as your friend's assessment...

Gary,

Happy to hear that this worked out for you and that you decided to pass.. I learn so much here every day.. Being a retired firefighter/medic I was intrigued by the item, but also hesitant and if I were to see this at a gun show I would have to be cautious and not let my firefighter emotions lead me to a hasty purchase prior to research...

Smitty

My biggest concern with this axe was the way the head supports were finished at the bottom. I don't believe that an original would look so blocky and unfinished at the bottom.
    Here are some photos of the head support panels for a fire axe that I did some repairs on a while ago. It was missing one of the lugs and ring.
    Ralph.

German fire parade axe
    German fire parade axe
    German fire parade axe
    German fire parade axe
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have suspicions that this item was produced post-1945. Never seen one like it in 20 years of collecting Feuerwehr items. Fire daggers, bayonets & axes often show swaz motifs but these are nearly always postwar items.

Period Feuerwehr sidearms were made much the same for a good 60 years or so before the Reich & continued very similar after it. Fire items seemed very seldom to reflect political ideals in lieu of sentiments of "one for all & all for one" & "fearless & loyal".

?

Well i spend about 5 seconds on it, gents are you serious discussing it in 3 pages, just look at the way the plate is attached.
    No 3th Reich craftsman would deliver something that bad.
    Man those nails they used on cheap furniture in the 70ths...pfff, was a cheapass con that made it.

Cheers
    Ger
    German fire parade axe

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well i spend about 5 seconds on it, gents are you serious discussing it in 3 pages, ...
    Well done and my most humble apologies for taking part at those 3 pages!
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Ger ..not everyone is as well versed as you are in Edged Weaponery...but are learning through these pages.

Have patience my friend

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi guys thanks for all the help I passed on it but it sold for $65 at the auction. A fool and hia money

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3