Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Got to know this lady

Article about: Wow, this is special. I know the feeling of which you describe Jesper, I felt like that after acquiring the piece in my display picture- and finding out it's history from the man I bought it

Default Re: Got to know this lady

Quote by wagner View Post
    Rob, Nothing to be sorry about. You should be commended on doing the basic 'search' to find out that the posted auction Hunting Cutlass was indeed the same as Jespers claimed ''Karinhall Special'. -HA! Billy, you and myself should be getting a 'double-thumbs-up' from at least some of the members who posted here and thought that Jesper was being unfairly accused. Well where are they? -

Funny forum you mates got here. No praise for the whistle blowers and Jesper's? Well, nothing new there, he's
    well known in certain circles. The light got turned on and it's time to scramble to cooler darker places.

In life, as in this hobby, 'If your not part of the solution - your part of the problem'.

Best of the Hunt,
    -wagner-
    Wags, Billy and you both get a for bringing this to everybody's attention. I do not know if there is anybody on this forum that has the experience and knowledge of edged weapons that you two do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got to know this lady
    P
    Many

?

why no more comments from Jesper?

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    why no more comments from Jesper?
    Actually, I was rather wondering that myself... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Actually, I was rather wondering that myself... William
    He's still in the bloody attic !"!!!!!

His last activity was on the 15th of Nov., this was not in question until the 29th of Nov.
    Maybe he is here under another name?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I give you guys double thumbs up - all of us bought into it.
    Quote by davejb View Post
    this one fooled me, i dont usually believe stories, fatal to do so, but this one had an air of being "good"
    It's alarming how easily this joker managed to convince people who not only 'should know better', but have shown many times in the past that they do know better. Real con-man stuff for sure, distracting attention with the Goring photos and documents, creating sympathy with the 'old woman who only wanted some good to come from the evil' story and so on. He also brought up the possibility of it being fake himself, but in such a way as to look like a victim so everyone would rally round and authenticate the piece. It's so easy to get sucked in... no matter who you are or what you know. Alarming...

Rob

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Wow, this is special. I know the feeling of which you describe Jesper, I felt like that after acquiring the piece in my display picture- and finding out it's history from the man I bought it from. Just to know the story of a piece makes it special to me, but THIS is something else... it doesn't get much more unique than what you have here. I wonder how many people the lady told of these things, who had merely a passing interest and no thought of their significance?
    Congratulations on your amazing fortune!
    ...I take what I said back! At least I have one less thing to be jealous about.

Mat

Last edited by Little Mermaid; 12-04-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Oh my god what a bunch of paranoid "shums" in here :-D

1. i have a life outside of this hobby, which it is to me...A hobby
    2. I'm not saltin anything as i'd never sell dagger, photoalbum, paperwork, signed göring photo, trophy at all!
    3. I was given this lot directly by the daughter of the gentleman forstmeister and i'm tempted to have a pic taken of me, her and todays newspaper infront of the huge painting from Carinhall she's got hanging in her hall ...Just so you guys could conspire even further :-D

I wont rule out the possibillity that the gentleman had a replacement after the war... Alot happened and as he was a pow in the eastern europe for a year or two after the war, his wife, my friends mother, might have had to sell som stuff in order to make ends meet?
    I dont know and i will ask.

Yes i'm too looking forward to the medals and what other papers might show up such as soldbuch, diaries and so on...It is there and in due time we will find the stuff and all are coming my way.
    Even if the dagger turns out to be post production i've still made one hell of a deal as it all was more or less given to me meaning the pic w Görings signature AND the signature of photografer alone could bring me the money spent IF i'd sell that is...But no worries to you guys...I won't.

Have a nice salty day y'all

?

Forgot...What about the inscription on the dagger...The name and rank i mean...
    I KNOW here are "experts" who can tell (or atleast claims to be able to tell) if an ingraving has been done pre, during or post war:-D

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast