Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.

Article about: Good morning dear friends. I would like your opinion about this item I was offered: Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen. Is it real? Is it original? Thank you for your help.

?

Default Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.

Good morning dear friends.

I would like your opinion about this item I was offered:
    Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.
    Is it real? Is it original?

Thank you for your help.

Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.
    P
    Many

Drope where do you find this stuff at ? I don't remember seeing a dome head screw on the back of the scabbard on these type daggers. Regards Larry

?

Olá BIG Larry.

I have been offered by a German I met when I went to Europe.

I don't think that spanner nut on top of the grip is removable and what looks like a gold logo on a plain blade did not happen.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'm not a fan of this one. Lack of detail all around, crudely chased out hilt lines and general lack of detail on the crossguard eagle and wreath (see original Eickhorn example below), leather buffer washer wrong, makers logo is upside down compared to others i've seen, the list goes on....I'd pass.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.   Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.  

Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.   Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.  

Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.   Government Official’s Dagger - Eickhorn Solingen.  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Isn't the Eickhorn logo upside down and to close to the crossguard?
    Also I think the eagle looks alot less detailed compared to the one I compared it to at Wittmans Militaria.

Cheers,
    Jonas

I'm not a fan of this one. Lack of detail all around, crudely chased out hilt lines and general lack of detail on the crossguard eagle and wreath (see original Eickhorn example below), leather buffer washer wrong, makers logo is upside down compared to others i've seen, the list goes on....I'd pass.
    '

Haha. Damn you beat me to it!

The scabbards on these should have a screw either side like an army dagger scabbard - almost the same scabbard if you look.

Dam good quality replica's your man supplys drope,

that's all they are though.....Replicas.

cheers matty

Dodgy Deutsche Dagger Dude is using ring tactics.....Rope a Drope.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I would like to thank all of you.

I consider myself a lucky person, because the German gentleman who offered me the items, with was stirred my curiosity and gave me the opportunity of, taking advantage of the wisdom of you, and learn more about a part of history.

And finding something real buy for my small collection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast