Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Have you encountered RAD EM and Leader daggers without makers marks?

Article about: Hi all. I'm curious if anyone has ever come upon RAD Leader Daggers or EM Hewers without maker's marks at all (completely void of makers marks)? If so, is there a known maker they're attribu

?

Default Have you encountered RAD EM and Leader daggers without makers marks?

Hi all. I'm curious if anyone has ever come upon RAD Leader Daggers or EM Hewers without maker's marks at all (completely void of makers marks)? If so, is there a known maker they're attributed to?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have you encountered RAD EM and Leader daggers without makers marks?
    P
    Many

?

Hello Dzyner,

Personally I have not seen a Leader or EM Hewer without maker marks. Does not mean it could not have happened. Guards and scabbards at times stamped or not stamped with unit. As far as the maker there were many. If in hand it might be possible to determine who maker was.

Be well,

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thanks Rossi. I have both daggers in hand. I’ll post photos tomorrow. I’ve never seen these two dagger types without makers marks either, so I’m very intrigued. Heer, Luftwaffe and other dagger types have been produced void of a blade mark so I assume they’re fine. Would be good to hear from others on the topic as well.

?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Thanks Rossi. I have both daggers in hand. I’ll post photos tomorrow. I’ve never seen these two dagger types without makers marks either, so I’m very intrigued. Heer, Luftwaffe and other dagger types have been produced void of a blade mark so I assume they’re fine. Would be good to hear from others on the topic as well.
    Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Photos would be beneficial to help you out.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Here are some shots of the Leader dagger. Notice the motto is on the reverse of the blade. As you know, these blade cannot simply be flipped around since the tang cut is like a puzzle piece and must be set specifically in place so one side is always facing front, and the other facing back, so this was deliberate. The motto appears to be a very nice acid etch.

Let me know if you need to see any other shots...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

?

I don’t see any issue with it. Not having a maker mark does not bother me. I only said I personally have not seen one without a maker mark. Nice period, been there piece to me.

I am not certain but to me this looks like it could be an unmarked Eickhorn based on fittings but see what the others think as well.

?

Thanks Rossi. What about the motto having been applied to the reverse? I’ve heard this is not at all common, but also a known and accepted “variant”. Would you agree?

?

Also, if you have a moment would you mind having a look at the EM Hewer that came with this Leader dagger (from the same vet) and offer your opinion/thoughts? Scroll to the latest couple posts and you’ll see the one I posted. It’s an older thread.

RAD Fatman