Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help ID Collection please.

Article about: Rather than post a lot of separate requests for help, I thought I'd just post a single query regarding a very small collection that was left to me by my dad when he died. I've got a pretty g

Boz
    ?

Default Help ID Collection please.

Rather than post a lot of separate requests for help, I thought I'd just post a single query regarding a very small collection that was left to me by my dad when he died. I've got a pretty good idea of what each is, but am mainly wanting to know if any particular one is either a fake or rare and worthy of more research.

The collection consists of the following:

I believe this to be East German post-war in origin. I can't find any markings and it's in excellent condition. Am I wrong? What is this?

I believe this to be what it appears. A very well used and abused HJ knife. Does it have much value in this condition?

This is what I believe to be a german police dress bayonet. From what research I've found, these could be ordered in various grades from different manufacturers. I'm interested in what the markings mean, mainly the L.Lg.38. It's pretty obvious the maker is Alexander Coppel, Solingen. What rank of police officer would wear such a blade?

This final one is one I don't know much about. It appears to be an SS dagger. Blade is marked RZ M7/29. There are a couple spots of corrosion on the blade. Blade looks a bit used, not pristine. There is a small dent on the back of the scabbard, but the finish looks very good. Is this genuine? Is it common or rare? Who would carry these blades?

Thanks.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Help ID Collection please.

Hi Boz welcome to the forum, your firs't is a fireman's sidearm, your hitler youth maker marked Carl Eickorn, has had a hard life and not of much value in that condition, your third is a cut down police bayonet, the hole in the handle is what is seen after the clamshell has been removed. the SS dagger is i think is a Clittermann and Moog exclamation marked blade with the shared RZM number with Jacob's and co and is a very collectable service dagger, try not to leave finger mark's on the blade as it can mark it in year's to come even better dont touch the blade hope this help's a little mate,
    cheer's Ronnie

?

I could not add nothing to daggers,but the police piece looks ok to me, could be Landjaegerei Lueneburg. The first Feuerschutz Seitenwaffe looks nice, the trodell on frog is probably for army NCO and not for fireman.best regards,Andy

Boz
    ?

Thanks for the help. I probably would have never figured out the fireman's sidearm piece. I'm very happy that the SS dagger could be something desireable.