Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help Identifying Dagger and Value

Article about: Good Morning, My grandfather recently gifted me this dagger. He didn't tell me anything about it. Can you guys and gals please help me identify this item and assign it a potential value? Tha

Would keep it if I were you, unless you need the money of course. These things have not stopped risen in value over the years

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Identifying Dagger and Value
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by MJCalabrese View Post
    No real historical value for our family. My grandpa served in Korea, not WWII. He is a collector of many things, mostly stamps, and this was one of the things he sent me.

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it!
    Well, it was a gift from your grandfather, so there is hopefuly some family value, even if he wasn't "there".

We just sometimes see people inherit something and are looking to sell for the money. That is perfectly fine. But we try to encourage people to preserve the memories.

Once again, a beauty that any of us would love to own.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Mark..these are hard to come by especially in the condition yours is presented in. Very nice including the vertical hanger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This is a Crackle finish all aluminium Flyers knife by the only Alu maker Helbig.
    The one Max referred to is not the one to compare, Witty has an early Nickel one.
    The hanger leather is thin on these Helbig knifes and become brittle if no maintenance is applied.
    I had a few and all had hangers in the same condition as yours, they easily dry out and break.
    The hanger is the type that cannot be removed and is attachted to the the scabbard ring.

Normal price among collectors is in pristine condition and complete with hanger about 1000-1200 dollars, they are not that rare and most collectors prefer the early Nickel silver ones with the leathered grip and scabbard.
    In Europe they can be bought in a pricerange from 900-1100 euro's

regards
    Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2