Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??

Article about: Sadly I cant comment for the 100% mint blades. All mine have runner marks so I have the view that where the runners have touched the crossgraining has already gone and cannot be made worse.

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    I leave my daggers in the scabbard only for the simple reason (to me) is that when you hear or see daggers that have "come out the woodwork" the blades always look in great condition after being stored in them for years, and after all the scabbard is also there to protect the blade always a great debate on this subject
    cheers Ronnie
    I couldn't agree more!

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??
    P
    Many

IF the dagger is in a good secure display case...and IF it has a nice inscription or etching on the blade, then I've always felt it was okey to keep the blade out of the sheath, but in most cases, In the sheath is generally safer and better for it in the long run.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not all, but most of mine are out of the scabbard.
    help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??
    My two HJ's are left in the scabbards, now I will have to go and take a look and see if I need to do something else with them.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Wonderful office/war room!

Looks like a Mini Max Show!! Nice display Ralph
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Incredible collection! Just a question, What are the two mini SS daggers behind the main ones at the front? I know there was a mini SS, however according to mr wittman they never had scabbards - Yours have though.

?

Ralph, What a great way to display your collection Thanks for showing.

Danny

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Wonderful office/war room!
    Thanks Glenn!
    It's not quite done yet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Looks like a Mini Max Show!! Nice display Ralph
    Thanks Larry, glad you like it!
    Ralph.

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Incredible collection! Just a question, What are the two mini SS daggers behind the main ones at the front? I know there was a mini SS, however according to mr wittman they never had scabbards - Yours have though.
    Thank you matty01!
    They are made post war, but since I collect and make miniature knives and swords, I just had to have these examples.
    The larger one of the two has an etch, just not a very good one.
    Ralph.
    help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??
    Here are a few that I have made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??   help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??  

help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??   help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast