Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help Me Learn

Article about: Could someone tell me about this item, its use, meaning etc and the decorations on the strap. Thanks for your help. Tom

Default Help Me Learn

Help Me Learn Could someone tell me about this item, its use, meaning etc and the decorations on the strap. Thanks for your help.

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Me Learn
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help Me Learn

Hi, and welcome to the forum. You have a mixture of items here.

The main piece is a portepee for a German dagger (Heer?). Attached to it are Luftwaffe (German air force) insignia (wing shaped items) from a collar tab and cockades (2 round items with red centers) from a visor cap.

I assume this is a vet bring back and the vet who collected these items attached them in this manner to display them. Not uncommon to see this but always enjoyable as it gives us a glimpse into that vets experience.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you obtain this? Did it belong to a family member?

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum.

Eric is correct, but one slight correct, it is a knot for a Heer sword, not a dagger.

Cheers, Ade.

Help Me LearnThese items were brought back by my Uncle. I am discovering some of his things as I sort through boxes. I will share some info about him later this weekend, and will post more pictures of items in hopes of learning about them as well. I plan to put together some displays to preserve, rather than box away, his history. Here is a picture of him (on the left in photo). Thanks again for all your help. Tom

Tom,

That is a good idea of the displaying. In the past 3 years i have done alittle research on 3 of my relatives (one being my pop's) framed and displayed their awards.

Please post other items if it pleases you. I for one would like to see them.

regards, Ty