Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Needed to identify 3rd Reich Dagger

Article about: by cogwheel The scabbard looks like it came from a Communist Bulgarian army dagger where the Bulgarian coat of arms on the upper scabbard fitting was sanded off, polished and replaced with t

?

Smile Help Needed to identify 3rd Reich Dagger

Hi guys,
    I need some help regarding the originality, type and price range of this dagger.
    I bought it more than 10 years ago from a flee market in Russia. There is a sign on it "Krupps Fuhrer Fabrik 1943". The Krupps industry was an existing industry at the time, famous for making howitzers. In fact many of the WW1 Greek artillery pieces were Krupps made. I think that some parts of this dagger are made of bronze or some bronze based metal mixture, ie brass. Thats my bigest concern as this medal is of great strategic importance and it just doesn't make sense to waste it on daggers during wartime periods. Especially if you do not have available quantities of your own and you have to import it.
    Any clues on the issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Needed to identify 3rd Reich Dagger   Help Needed to identify 3rd Reich Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Needed to identify 3rd Reich Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help Needed to identify 3rd Reich Dagger

Hey George. I hope you will finally find out the truth on that. But not from me though
    From the experts. Wait they will be here any minute
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

This dagger is not third reich or of that period, there was also a posting on one of thease daggers on this forum a couple of years ago, if i remember correctly another collector chimed in and posted a couple for $80.00 each that he had taken a picture of in a flea market, i will try and find the posting for you and will put it up here for you , hope this help's Ronnie

Cretan

Total fantasy piece - bears no relation to anything produced in the TR era.

Value ... very little.

Regards

Richie

?

Thanks guys. What's interesting about this dagger is that its extremely well made and sturdy for a fake. I mean you copy something to make some money. If its gonna cost you more than the original whats the point in doing so? Thanks again for all your help and time here.

Hi'All, These items are made in bulgaria by the ton.They have various pieces ie compasses,pocket watches,flasks,etc etc.Then they have insignia tanks, crosses, eagles,and such like which they attach to the piece.Many people have been fooled by this stuff.normally available at flea markets and such like. BEWARE!!!!

Quote by outpost View Post
    Hi'All, These items are made in bulgaria by the ton.They have various pieces ie compasses,pocket watches,flasks,etc etc.Then they have insignia tanks, crosses, eagles,and such like which they attach to the piece.Many people have been fooled by this stuff.normally available at flea markets and such like. BEWARE!!!!
    Agreed - Lots of fakes like this around with attached insignia usually made of brass.

I have never seen one of these daggers documented in any reference book
    relating to TR edged weapons, dating back 30 years or more............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Cetieel
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Help Needed to identify 3rd Reich Dagger

The poor quality of the swastika emblem on the handle speaks volumes

?

It will rate high on the famous Wall of Fakes........

Tip: spend a few bucks on a third Reich dagger book...could save you some precious money......

The scabbard looks like it came from a Communist Bulgarian army dagger where the Bulgarian coat of arms on the upper scabbard fitting was sanded off, polished and replaced with the early political eagle. The handle could come from any metal working shop with a lathe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast