Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition

Article about: I have found this 1st series navy dagger. The condition is generally poor, with cracking on the celluloid handle and dull metal finish (is it brass or plated/painted?). Scabbard has lighteni

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition

I have found this 1st series navy dagger. The condition is generally poor, with cracking on the celluloid handle and dull metal finish (is it brass or plated/painted?). Scabbard has lightening bolt etching and the blade is well etched. I believe it to be original from what i have seen of other 1st series daggers, but does the condition warrant a pass? It's only $250, and I have seen handles for sale on their own, and wonder whether a swap would be acceptable. Maker is Eickhorn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition  
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition  Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition

I would say that its an all brass model that could be cleaned gently to bring back the lustre to the whole piece, with the exception of the blade, dont touch , it will remove the engraving detail, the handle could be replaced but the original kept. for that money its a steal
    Last edited by davejb; 03-01-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: additional info

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger in poor condition

It is original. Price is OK for the condition.

It could be cleaned up, but I think I would retain the original grip. Obviously, the original gilt finish, applied over the brass has gone, but cleaning it up would restore the overall look.

Cheers, Ade.