Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

help w portepee

Article about: What sort of sword/dagger did this portepee go with? Any info would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

?

Default help w portepee

What sort of sword/dagger did this portepee go with? Any info would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help w portepee   help w portepee  

help w portepee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help w portepee
    P
    Many

?

I found out that "LBA(S)38" - translates to: Luftwaffe Bekeidungs Amt. - Stuttgart 1938. Therefore it probably goes with a Luftwaffe sword.

Hi Pablo. I will keep your thread at the top of the forum..until you get the answers you need. Be patient..the swordman or Bayo guys will be along shortly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Pablo, Very nice item and you are correct it is a Luftwaffe Portepee, and would belong on a Luftwaffe Bayonet only, (dagger would be silver only) traditionally or should I say according to the textbook Luftwaffe swords were not to be worn with a Portepee and I never saw a period photo of one on a Luft sword, BUT my Luftwaffe sword came to me from a vet with the same exact portapee attached so I left it on
    help w portepee

?

Thanks Max! I was wondering about the other stamped inscription. I looks like "Lownet" or "Lowie" or "Lower". Is that a manufacturer?

A small correction is needed here: Luftwaffenbekleidungs Amt Sonneberg NOT Stuttgart.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!