Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Holler & Wingen jr Original invoices for swords & daggers

Article about: Hello gang, I have just received these invoices for sword and dagger orders and thought I would share them with you, I have only translated one at the moment and will do the others today (ho

?

Really interesting invoices. If my conversion rates are correct, then around $22 US or £5.50 for the army dagger at the time.

A tidy sum if you consider that the UK average annual salary in 1941 was only £296.76 !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holler & Wingen jr Original invoices for swords & daggers
    P
    Many

Top stuff Ronnie, you did well coming on to them.

Il have a better look at them tomorrow but is that 2 reichmarks (and 88 reichspfennigs) for a hitler youth knife?

matty

?

Ronnie that is a lovely find!
    Thanks for showing, never seen this kind of paperwork before, and it sure would make a nice display with a dagger on top of it!

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Ronnie that is a lovely find!
    Thanks for showing, never seen this kind of paperwork before, and it sure would make a nice display with a dagger on top of it!

Ger
    Thanks again guys, and just for you Ger done this quickly sorry will do better soon and take more time
    cheers Ronnie

P.S the marks on the blade is renwax
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holler & Wingen jr Original invoices for swords & daggers   Holler & Wingen jr Original invoices for swords & daggers  

Holler & Wingen jr Original invoices for swords & daggers  

Ronnie,

A really super paper lot, it brings so much more depth to our love of blades. Thanks for sharing EM with us.

?

Spot on my friend, a lovely display

Thx,
    Ger

Thanks for sharing , I do like this hidden part of history . Not often seen .

Now there is a perfect display..with a dagger and invoice .
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks guys glad you appreciate this side of the dagger addiction i will let you know if i get any more
    cheers Ronnie

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2