Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34?

Article about: Hi all! I recently acquired a number of items from the estate of a gentleman who served in the US Army during WW11, among the items was a Puma Boot Knife that had several tools in the handle

Question How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34?

Hi all! I recently acquired a number of items from the estate of a gentleman who served in the US Army during WW11, among the items was a Puma Boot Knife that had several tools in the handle including a corkscrew, awl, can opener and lastly a tool marked Patronenheber MG 34 that apparently is a broken shell extractor. It has wood grips and due to condition appears to never have been used or resharpened. I have found numerous examples on the web of similar puma knives with tools but not finding any examples with the shell extractor. Might keep it for now, just wondering how rare this is and it's approximate value. Will try to post some pictures of it, once I figure out how to do it. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Antiquebill View Post
    Hi all! I recently acquired a number of items from the estate of a gentleman who served in the US Army during WW11, among the items was a Puma Boot Knife that had several tools in the handle including a corkscrew, awl, can opener and lastly a tool marked Patronenheber MG 34 that apparently is a broken shell extractor. It has wood grips and due to condition appears to never have been used or resharpened. I have found numerous examples on the web of similar puma knives with tools but not finding any examples with the shell extractor. Might keep it for now, just wondering how rare this is and it's approximate value. Will try to post some pictures of it, once I figure out how to do it. Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. The ones with multi function tools in handle are rare. They are not always easy to find. Post pictures of the blade, makers mark, hilt, crossguard, tools and scabbard when you can. They are well made and depending on condition keep their value well. I have one of the more common models on my website here: Puma Fighting Boot Knife
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    If you read the first 4 or 5 posts in this thread, it will explain how to post photos directly here.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Please do not save them too small as it will make it difficult to assist you. The example you mention, as Rossi has started, are not easy to find.
    I would also like to add, we are not a free appraisal service.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Also be aware there are reproductions of this knife as well made. Here is a thread below from a few years ago showing photos of some variations as well. It may help you pinpoint what you have while you assemble photos for review.

WWII German Combination Tool Trench Knife variants

Also if want a good read to test your German...See Below:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34?  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Here are some photos, hopefully they come through ok. The photos show the knife in as found condition, there is some light rust on some surfaces and I have not attempted to clean it at all, but I am sure some WD-40 and 0000 steel wool would clean it easily. I am open to any other suggestions for cleaning someone else might have. I am not looking for a free appraisal and if I wanted to sell it I am sure it would do quite well on eBay, but still I am curious on general value as anyone might be who found something they never had seen before. Thanks for any help.

Trying photo again.

Anxious for pics myself as these don't come up too often. I know Kroil if a very effective rust remover. I would be careful with that steel wool to avoid scratches. Your knife sounds like an outstanding find.

How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34?How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34?How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34? One more time.

Here are some more.How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34?How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34?How rare is a Puma Boot Knife marked Patronenheber MG 34?

If I'm not mistaken, you have found yourself a little gem!
    I would carefully try to remove no more of the rust than necessary as it is in quite nice condition as it is. Keep it away from moisture and it should not get any worse, well, it will get worse because you can't stop rust that has already started but it should minimize it.
    If you do decide to use Kroil, apply it to the rag first as it will creep everywhere if you apply it directly to the knife. CLR is also another product that will remove rust and I have found when used on tools, it normally does not even remove the blackening.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast