Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how to sell dagger?

Article about: We are a worldwide community, and the currency on the sales section is chosen US dollars.

clevelandohdude
    ?

Default how to sell dagger?

My money is tight and I am trying to keep my father's house. He flew a reconisance plane for the artillary and picked up stuff. One of the things that has been in the house since he built it is a SA dagger. I have read a few things so have the very basic of knowledge. I think it is a M7/11, Westmark. It appears to be in nice shape, with the scabbord and belt hanger. Anyway, I need to raise some cash to keep his house and would like to sell this item and maybe some other WW2 things he brought back. What is the best place? ebay? thanx.

2. # ADS

Default Re: how to sell dagger?

clevelandohdude, If you can take pictures of the dagger as it will always sell for the best price with photo's. It is important that close ups of the blade, handle, guard, sheath are taken for the best selling price. The more pictures the better. You can post pictures here before you sell so that the more experienced collectors can guide you on how much you could possibly get for the dagger.

Price to sell it for is determined by the condition, rarity and hopefully some documented history behind how the dagger was obtained.

You can advertise the dagger on this forum or any other that you may join. Ebay is not a bad option but first find out what it is worth and set a reserve price that you would be satisfied with should it sell for less than your asking price. Besides a reserve on ebay there are ways to get the most out of your sale by selling it correctly with the correct description and pictures possible.

I hope this helps.

rgds, Tyrone

I do not know for the rest of the world but eBayBE has a policy "no TR items are to be sold on eBay"...

Indeed.

Why not sell the dagger for free here.

Cheers, Ade.

clevelandohdude
    ?

Thanx for the replys. I just found this site yesterday looking around on the internet. I will try to figure how to sell on here. I have to admit, selling around the world on any form Ebay etc always feels uneasy. But if it wasn't for the internet, I would not have known the item was worth more than $25. I think I just attached pictures. Would be great if someone can tell me better what I have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture how to sell dagger?   how to sell dagger?  

clevelandohdude
    ?

for some reason this picture would not fit on the last post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture how to sell dagger?  

?

Hi there clevelandohdude , well done attaching the pics . That is a fine looking SA dagger , with a blade that looks in fantastic condition , the grip crossguards and scabbard fittings have a nice patina ( please do not clean or polish these up as the dagger is more valuable to a collector left untouched )The maker is E Knecht and sons as you can see , and there is also a hanger and belt loop attached , very nice . You would not be able to acheive the prices quoted on internet dealer sites but i would value it between $450 to $600 ish . hope this helps a bit

cheers Al

clevelandohdude
    ?

$450-600 american dollars, or euros? from what I have seen on this site, I think most people on here are from europe, correct assumption?,

clevelandohdude, a large majority are from europe but we have a fair amount of us american / canadians as well.

This forum is actually a great site to sell as we here on the forum i would say are very trustworthy buyers/sellers.

rgds, Ty

clevelandohdude what country are you from? as Ebay here in the U.K have banned any sales of any knives except cuttelry and as the guy's say also T r item's. that's a very nice SA dagger you have there , do you have any history with it?
    cheer's Ronnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast