Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Identification thanks

Article about: Great collection peter, just noticing the slight difference when they remove the saw section! The only problem is it won't fit in my display cabinet !😃 Ye the blade has had a bit of

?

Your asking a value on this one, here's my 2 cents:
    I wouldnt pay a penny more then 25 euro, its cleaned with a machine, heavily rusted and has no scabbard.
    I see them almost every week offered on the internet Marktplaats in Holland, in this condition 25- tops!
    I have found better blades with my metal detector at Verdun.
    This one for sure laid in some barn for years, many of them picked up from the european battlefield scattered around after another artillery hit of the owner, i found quite a lot of the 98/05's they are impressive looking at them in a trench with a german attached to them

Whats in favour of this one: its nicely Unit marked and for sure an Original that saw duty
    Its a real piece of history

Regards Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identification thanks
    P
    Many

Ger, I agree with you, it is quite common bayonet, but mostly in the west - here this is still hard to find bayonet I mean years ago, before internet come, my 98/05 bayonets were real treasure for me, because nobody has them! But now... bayonets spread into each collection. Here in Slovakia many beginner collectors still easily pay 50 € (not me). Now, next to your bayonet find with detector - VERDUN ? really? One of the most famous battlefields in the WWI - I wish to have some relic bayonet from that place!

Regards Peter

There's just something about the old WWI bayonets that make a person's skin crawl to look at them. With teeth or no, the very Hugeness of them gives a person pause when handling them. These were absolutely no ornamental knives as so many modern ones end up being-these massive hunks of steel were Meant to and Did end up perforating many a poor lad's guts. Even in WWII when bayonets were in much less use than they had been previous, they still were never the equal of these monstrous solid steel blades. In WWI they were a Major weapon of the fighting. It just gives you the shivers thinking of what these things did and where they've been-how many men Died with this near-sword length blade in their bodies? And not always a Quick and painless death, no less! Brrr...!!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Ger, I agree with you, it is quite common bayonet, but mostly in the west - here this is still hard to find bayonet I mean years ago, before internet come, my 98/05 bayonets were real treasure for me, because nobody has them! But now... bayonets spread into each collection. Here in Slovakia many beginner collectors still easily pay 50 € (not me). Now, next to your bayonet find with detector - VERDUN ? really? One of the most famous battlefields in the WWI - I wish to have some relic bayonet from that place!

Regards Peter
    Hi Peter
    Take a look at this battlefield post i did a few years ago
    Im the guy with the 2 "Doves" in his hand wearing army trouser and blue raincoat on page 2 of the post.

Regards Ger
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...t-only-102185/

?

Didn't realise the penalty was so high in France for using an Md!
    Cheers for the report on my bayonet but I'm happy enough with it, ger / peter can you identify the unit it was from maybe?
    Cheers
    Andy

?

Hi Andy,

sorry i wasnt clear enough it has the military inspection stamps, not the unit markings.
    I can read them all but so far is visible: W=Wilhelm 15=1915 and imperial crown

Ger

?

Cheers ger , there is a "4" shamped between the ears of the handle if that helps.
    Andy

?

Andy what interests me is the stamp beneath the crown, can you figger that out?

?

Not sure , I think there's 2 markings!with a slight one on top of all the stamps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification thanks  

Hi,
    Gerrit, sorry for my late reply, I have a lot of word, so I cant reply earlier. You have some very nice find in Verdun - I like your two small hand grenades in your hands - looks nice.

For Fitzer, markings on your bayonet are inspection markings, so I don´t think that we can identify exact unit.

Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2