Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Land custom dagger

Article about: Need Help. Is this a fake, I was offered this cheap The guy wants 400 euro.

Default Land custom dagger

Need Help.
    Is this a fake, I was offered this cheap
    The guy wants 400 euro. Land custom daggerLand custom daggerLand custom daggerLand custom daggerLand custom dagger
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-01-2016 at 12:36 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Land custom dagger
    P
    Many

FW Holler did not produce Customs daggers which the producers logo identified it as fake.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry.

Hi Lars..check out the 3 logo variants separated by the thermometer digits "tick marks" and by the time period.
    The logo on the customs dagger you provided is a known unetched application.

Photo credit GDC

Land custom dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

One last question....So when seen at recommended dealersites "Holler Costume dagger"
    I asume they sell Spanish reproduktions ?
    You are obviously not the only guy with that statement, others have the same opinion as you!
    But I am confused.

Wow...I got so much to learn. But that is why its so exciting to be a collector.

If it says "Costume ".Its Repro . ...but good for reenactments.

Sorry.
    I'm so stupid to explain myself in English.
    I wrote that you agreed with other people, that some dealers are selling fakes.

What I meant was, many agree that FW Holler dont make Land costum daggers.

Land custom dagger
    Once listed for sale...

This dagger has the correct logo ...and I admit that I am mistaken as the FW Hollers I have observed most of which were that bad logo.

Lakesidetrader described it correctly... " A tough piece to find " in his description which may answer why Holler does not appear in any of my library resources. This example is NOT forsale and comes from the archives. Unless the bade was switched out with a Heer blade my knowledge is limited to the widely seen Eickhorn and WKC Producer.

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item....ation=Archives

I will add this data to update my library. Thankyou Lars for giving me a push to research further .

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-01-2016 at 02:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast