Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Land Customs Dagger

Article about: Hello guys ive just picked this up at the weekend maker is Clemen & Jung who seemed to be up ther on the producers of this dagger even they are not a biggest of dagger producers, the bla

Beautiful example Ronnie, congrats on adding it to your collection! Clemen & Jung is an uncommon mark to find on most blades. That said, they seemed to be less uncommon on Customs blades. This is something I've noticed for a while now, taking notice of the maker marks of Customs edged weapons. I guess C&J had some connection within the administration of that branch of government.

Although my Land Customs dagger is a later Horster example, my Customs bayonet is a Clemen & Jung. It is a 3R produced short model with 8" blade & wide blood groove, an aluminum hilt & still retains the clamshell device. For those of you with a copy of Ron Weinand & Gary Walker's excellent book "German Clamshells & Other Bayonets", an identical example is shown on page 121.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Land Customs Dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Ronnie, looks completely fine if you ask me too! Any land/water customs ive ever seen in the flesh were either completely beat up or minus the leather on the scabbard.
    Anyway good choice so enjoy!

Thanks for the comments guys
    cheers Ronnie

An exceptional addition to your collection Ronnie!
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph

?

Hi Ronnie,

i cant say anything about its originality as these Custom daggers are a brand of their own, needing now a days deep investigations before buying.
    I have not had the drive to deepen my knowledge on these beauty.
    Knowing you a bit im pretty sure you have absorbed all available info before buying this one.
    I like the alu fittings, the shape of the scabbard and their overall appeareance.
    Congratz on this one Ron!

Ger

Thanks Ger and yes about looking for the information on these daggers, like you say they are a brand of their own and i try to be a little more cautious chasing a not so common dagger thanks for the reply
    cheers Ronnie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2