Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Late War Teno EM; Etched S.N. on Scabbard.

Article about: Guys, this is out of the woodwork; untouched! Thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal

?

Default 1939 Announcement TeNo Hewer & Dagger from DDP-2

1939 Announcement TeNo Hewer & Dagger from DDP-2

Here is the Article inside of the DDP Issue - with the formal Announcement of the issuing of the TeNo Dolch and Hauer.

Such fascinating History & Documentation is found in these old Publications & in Photos! ....Txs, Dave/dblmed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War Teno EM; Etched S.N. on Scabbard.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late War Teno EM; Etched S.N. on Scabbard.
    P
    Many

?

Default TeNo-Mann w HEWER in TN Einsatzgruppen 1940 FRANCE

TeNo-Mann w HEWER in TN Einsatzgruppen 1940 FRANCE

Photos of the TeNo Hewer in wear just don't surface too often, so when they do - grab them!

This Photo (a bit blurred) is of a TeNo-Mann in one of the TN Einsatzgruppen, in 1940 in France, wearing the Hewer (no Troddeln seen, by me however).

What is unusual is that he wears the TeNo off-white 'Drillich' (Working Uniform) Top, along with the TeNo Field-Grey Uniform trousers - worn by the usual 'outside of the Reich' TN-Einsatztruppen.

(I doubt that this was an 'Official Approved' Uniform combination - but here it is in wear, as photo-documentation!) The photo also confirms that the TeNo troops took their Hewers with them, when they went off to war (in France, at least). ...Txs, Dave/dblmed
    Attached Images Attached Images Late War Teno EM; Etched S.N. on Scabbard. 

?

Default TeNo Dad w HEWER, out in the Snow, with his Daughter

TeNo Dad w HEWER, out in the Snow, with his Daughter

This photo is of a proud TeNo Dad with his Daughter, out in the snow for a Photo.

He's wearing the 'classic' TeNo Dunkelblau Uniform and he has his trusty TeNo Hewer at his side.

(Again, there is no troddeln present - so, if the TN guys weren't wearing their troddeln,
    maybe that is why it's hard for us to find them today?) ....Txs, Dave/dblmed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War Teno EM; Etched S.N. on Scabbard.  

?

Default TeNo HEWER has 8 different TN Troddelen! ! !

TeNo HEWER has 8 different TN Troddelen! ! !

HAL - Now, the 'search' is on for a Trodellen for your Super Hewer!

Previously, it was thought that there were 6 models of TN NCO/EM Portepees / Troddelen. (Even Col. Tom J. listed 6 in his latest Dagger "Coffee Table" book.)

NOW, we've learned from Bender / Littlejohn's "Defending the Reich" that we have to find 8 TN Troddelen, not just 6!!! 4 models are for NCO and 4 models are for EM Ranks.

Yikes!! (And at a cost of a least $800 - $1,000 each, that is not chump change for ANY collecting.) It seems that the most 'common' of these Rare Trodellen, are the Blue & Green EM Models.

Attached is the page from Bender / Littlejohn's "Defending the Reich" which shows all 8 of the TN Troddelen. ...Roger can use the Advertizing, buy the book - it is super!!!... (Seems like the RED and the ORANGE got us confused due to color fading & previously poor TeNo documentation.) Now we know - and the hunt goes on!..... Txs, Dave/dblmed

?

Default TeNo EM/NCO Hewer w Trodellen, in wear - #1

TeNo EM/NCO Hewer w Trodellen, in wear - #1

There are even fewer Photos of the Hewer, with the Knot / Trodellen, in wear. I can only think of 2, TN Knot in wear, Photos.

There is a photo of one in Littlejohn's book, and...

Ed Augustine posted this Photo on 20 June 2007 on the TeNo Thread, on the Police Uniform Forum:
    German]German Daggers Dot Com - Powered by Eve Community Daggers Dot Com - Powered by Eve Community

You can see a TeNo Knot on the Hewer in Ed's Photo. (From the 'Top' of the Knot, it looks like an NCO model to me.) ....Txs, Dave/dblmed

?

Default TeNo EM/NCO Hewer w Trodellen, in wear - #2

TeNo EM/NCO Hewer w Trodellen, in wear - #2

The 2nd Photo is from Bender/Littlejohn's "Defending the Reich" (Buy the Book - it's a Keeper!)

Photo is credited to Clive Davis, who has the most outstanding TeNo all-around collection that there is.
    This photo also appears in Col. T. Johnson's latest book as well. ....Txs, Dave/dblmed

?

Default New Book w a Dedicated TeNo • TN Chapter 19

New Book w a Dedicated TeNo • TN Chapter 19

Hope that the photos were of interest.

For those of us who are interested in the TeNo, there is a brand new book out which has over
    200 pages of super TeNo information, with Photos, Charts and TeNo Items.

It is "THE BOOK" for those interested in learning all about the TeNo • TN. The book is:

Uniforms Organization and History of the German Police: Vol. 2 By John R. Angolia and Hugh Page Taylor

Vol. 2 covers 5 of the major branches of the Polizei organization:
    • TeNo / TN - Technical Emergency Corps
    • Protection Police
    • Traffic Police
    • Municipal Police
    • Gendarmerie (including Motorized branch) and

The book is huge, at 808 pages & 1,083 photos / illustrations. (More to See and More to Learn!) It's a real winner...

UniformsOrgHistoryGermanPoliceVol2

The degree of TeNo • TN Detail and Explanation, as well as the depth of previously unknown (unseen) information,
    and well as historical documentation - is without any comparison. This will become 'THE' TeNo • TN Reference. ... Txs, Dave/dblmed

?

Default 3 Different Trodellen Examples - for the TeNo Hewer

3 Different Trodellen Examples - for the TeNo Hewer

I've been collecting TeNo • TN Items (of ANY type!) for quite a while & I
    count myself 'very lucky' to have snagged 3 different examples of the TeNo Trodellen, for the Hewer!

I'm still 'looking' for the other 5 types.... ... Txs, Dave/dblmed

?

Default TeNo Home Base THREAD-for Those Who are Interested

TeNo Home Base THREAD - for those who are Interested....

Oops, I almost forgot! - We have a 'Dedicated' THREAD for the TeNo • TN, named:

TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al

Just Search for "TeNo" & it will pop up, with this outstanding Web Search software!

I'd like to keep the THREAD for ALL of the TeNo - Except For the TeNo Officer's Daggers & EM/NCO Hewers
    - (as they are such an interesting & a very complex subject just to themselves!)

? Maybe someone should start a "Dedicated THREAD" on the TN Daggers & Hewers?? I'm ready to contribute Postings ! !

There was & is still so much to learn about the TN - Technische Nothilfe, that pooling & sharing our Collections & Information,
    pushes the envelope of Knowledge forward! The recent 'Great Books' have significantly advanced our knowledge of &
    our understanding of, the TeNo • TN ! ! ... Txs, Dave/dblmed
    Last edited by dblmed; 09-08-2009 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Sp

?

Default Re: Late War Teno EM; Etched S.N. on Scabbard.

Hello dblmed!
    Now we have a real TENO expert here.
    Always willing to share his info on the hard to find details of the TENO organization.
    This info and photos are very hard to find in one source.
    We are very fortunate to have Dave here to share it with us.
    -Thanks !

Not to take away but add to Hal's great find there on the TENO Hewer, here is one that was made just 100 examples earlier.
    As Dave mentions the introduction of the TENO Hewer and Officers Daggers were in late 1938. That is a late entry since the war started in Sept. 1939 and dagger production dwindeled and then from what is known ceased in 1942. TENO may have stopped
    production in 1941 after the Russian invasion. Just my guess due to the low numbers produced.

-wagner-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast