Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"

Article about: Hi: Just to share with my new bayonet police, criminal police (rare) - Force Detectives, district Muenster, sidearm number 158, the subofficer police ... another municipal administrative dep

Default Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"

Hi:

Just to share with my new bayonet police, "criminal police" (rare) - Force Detectives, district Muenster, sidearm number 158, the subofficer police ... another municipal administrative department of Berlin on the way, I will show upon arrival,

Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"

Regards,

Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"
    P
    Many

Odd treatment of the upper grip plate rivet, and the grip plates look shorter than usual? Is that the correct way to attach the portappee on these, I've always wanted to know. If anyone can confirm?

lovely looking bayonet.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Odd treatment of the upper grip plate rivet, and the grip plates look shorter than usual? Is that the correct way to attach the portappee on these, I've always wanted to know. If anyone can confirm?
    you say is fake? I might misunderstand your comment ... It's from Johnsonreferencebooks

?

It is a great looking Police Bayonet. I'm just a regular bayonet collector and have always been drawn to these at the shows. I can not give any advice on these but have noticed that some have the rivet aligned to center and others have the top rivet offset. Is this based on what company manufactured it? I'm just trying to learn here so I hope this will be an educational thread for me.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I think I misunderstand your misunderstanding of my comment.

I'd never noticed off center upper rivets before, but it's not like you see a pic of one of these everyday. I did just see a pic of another one with slightly off center rivet, an AlCoSo, but this one is way over on the edge, very noticeable. Probably something to do with an existing hole behind the grips.

It does look like some of these have longer grips than others, here's one in a thread here.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...ayonet-161886/

If anyone has any opinions on the way the portapee knot is tied, I'd like to know.

Thx

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I think I misunderstand your misunderstanding of my comment.
    I do not understand friend can you be more clear? collectors are world, I'm Portuguese for example, could you explain your comment? thanks,
    Best Regards,

your friend,

Dan (Proximo) ja

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    It is a great looking Police Bayonet. I'm just a regular bayonet collector and have always been drawn to these at the shows. I can not give any advice on these but have noticed that some have the rivet aligned to center and others have the top rivet offset. Is this based on what company manufactured it? I'm just trying to learn here so I hope this will be an educational thread for me.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Okay, according to my experience, haytres assignments S, K, and L, I leave the list is very easy brother, to follow ...
    German Police Unit Marks, 1920-1937
    "We are shadow and sand"
    Proximo

?

Quote by Dan Miller View Post
    Okay, according to my experience, haytres assignments S, K, and L, I leave the list is very easy brother, to follow ...
    German Police Unit Marks, 1920-1937
    "We are shadow and sand"
    Proximo
    Thank you for the list of markings , But my question was about the rivet placement/orientation on the grip and if this was a specific manufacturer that did it this way. This is what I would like to learn more about.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

You'd have to compare a few of the same makers to draw any conclusions.

The one I saw with short grip plates and a slightly offset upper rivet was an AlCoSo. Can't quite make this one out, B&?.Horster?

Mine is a Holler and has perfectly centered grip rivets, or at any rate I've never noticed them being off.

Anyway, nice list, but how do you make sense of which bayonet is which, when they modified earlier ones to later specs, i.e. cut down and eagle added.

I suppose all Nazi marked examples are 1932 and up Shutzpolizei?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast