Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"

Article about: Hi: Just to share with my new bayonet police, criminal police (rare) - Force Detectives, district Muenster, sidearm number 158, the subofficer police ... another municipal administrative dep

An Excellent stag handle long Police bayonet! One that I wouldn't mind having myself! Very nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Long Third Reich Police Bayonet "Kripo"
    P
    Many

Seeing some of the discussion I thought that I might add some of what I observed from a friend of mine who specialized in the non-combat type of German Police bayonets. One group being the OEM types from TR era makers that have the same general overall finish and fit as other same period bayonets. With the other group being various reworks of earlier manufactured bayonets that I'm assuming we're from secondary sources that range from good to not so good or maybe even a little worse. Some time back elsewhere also having a lengthy discussion about the P.S.S. types, which while they are well decorated, some examples have noticeably badly fitted parts that were probably taken randomly from a parts bin of recycled components. Best Regards, Fred

Hi Dan,

Beautiful Polizei bayonet with a nice, scarce unit marking. I think the "K" signifies Kommunalpolizei instead of Kriminalpolizei though. I had this conversation with longtime Polizei collector Joe Wotka on a thread over at WAF. Joe's reasoning was that the Kripo wouldn't have worn such a uniform item as a service bayonet. Also, The high number would indicate that there were at least 158 members in the Kripo unit in Münster which would have been unlikely. Also, Don Maus in his tome "History Writ in Steel" made no mention of uniforms for Kripo personnel. Circumstantially it seems to make a stronger case for the "K" designation not being for Kripo but that's just somewhat of an educated guess.

Ironically, the bayonet in question on WAF was very close in number to yours, the WAF bayo was also from Münster with inventory #152. Small world, huh?

For those of you who also belong to WAF, here's the link to the thread:
    Polizei bayonet "K.M. 152." - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2