Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Max Show 2012

Article about: Hello Gents and Ladies, Although I could not be at the show this year due to vacation,, I was hoping if anyone who did go would share their edged weapon treasure hunt finds and any photos th

Default Max Show 2012

Hello Gents and Ladies, Although I could not be at the show this year due to vacation,, I was hoping if anyone who did go would share their edged weapon treasure hunt finds and any photos they may have taken,, during that time. The Max Show is an oversized candy store and I know for a "FACT" that no one who enters comes out empty handed If you may Please post some of your edged weapon treasured finds. Its great to see in this day and age that there is till some great stuff still to be found! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Max Show 2012
    P
    Many

Default Re: Max Show 2012

Hey, Larry. I took my camera but I didn't take any pictures. Check out this link. Some great pictures and a few blades in there too.
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Luke

You might want to check this out, Larry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PTW3...1&feature=plcp

Luke

Great You tube link ..Luke thanks for posting this. I had a near heart attack in the first few minutes looking at the High leader dagger that showed some incredible craftmanship,, of an old style. I will have to find some time later to watch and cry what i missed
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Last chance before this thread goes South,, although the Max show was slow in attendance this year,, does anyone have anything they want to share what the have bought ..OR ..even seen there. Something that was rare or never seen before. I for one was amazed when I went to the 2011 show how heavy the MG 34 machine gun really was!! Hard to carry that around all day in the field. Ross Kelbaughs table exibit of researched SS officers numbered daggers was always cool to see. Any last thoughts?.. as I look forward to being at the 2013 show. Regards Larry

I'm looking forward to next years show(Oct 4th & 5th 2013) too, Larry. Every year that I go I intend on a plan to do certain things and look for specific items etc. That plan always goes out the window once I get there. I have to admit that there is so much stuff that I kind of get confused! I stay the night there and go both days but I know I still miss stuff. I planned on taking pictures so I could post them here and came home without taking one photo. Next years plan is to take my time! I know there was a handful of us at the show. Maybe next year we can all meet up?

Luke

For sure I look forward to it with meeting up with you and other collectors. For me the first few hours in the show is a run through as i want to see everything all at once,, then after that I slow down and walk the whole place. The second day is a walk through again,, as like you said ,, there are things that one misses when looking. I dont think am going to Maake the SOS show as it is further and more costly whereas I can take some of that extra travel expenses and buy at least one good dagger or a few smaller items. For me the Max Show is closer. Larry