Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Maybe this collection is worth looking through!

Article about: The knife with the clear handle looks pretty unique - but any thoughts on any of them are welcome - which is your favorite!

Default Maybe this collection is worth looking through!

The knife with the clear handle looks pretty unique - help with the markers mark? i cant read it. All images should be expandable - I was also wondering the maker of the usn kbar? most of the name has been worn off but any thoughts on any of them are welcome - which is your favorite!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Maybe this collection is worth looking through!   Maybe this collection is worth looking through!  

Maybe this collection is worth looking through!   Maybe this collection is worth looking through!  

Maybe this collection is worth looking through!   Maybe this collection is worth looking through!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maybe this collection is worth looking through!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Forgot what country and rifle the first bayonet with black round handle is from/for. Not German. I think pre war. Quite common. I got one for my son a few years back. Probably cost me $20

The knife with the clear handle is a "theater made knife". The handles are plexi-glass. Some GI probably captured this knife and tarted it up. Collectable in their own way. This one is made by F.W. Holler (mid war production?) and started life as a Kampfmesser of the Wehrmacht or Luftwaffe. I'll let the knife guys add /correct what I've said. But the scabbard IMHO belongs to the knife below. probably got mixed up. Given that this is a GI theater made example I think the leather sheath in the knife below belongs to it.

The third knife is a WW1 German fighting knife. Looks nice. Made by Ernst Busch. Again, the metal scabbard probably belongs to it. see the link below.

Ernst Busch Made WW1 German Trench Knives

The last one is a parade bayonet. Will let the bayo guys provide more info.
    Last edited by MAP; 10-11-2019 at 04:44 PM. Reason: typo - Pre not Post war
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The first knife is a Swedish M1896 bayonet for the M96 Mauser.

The USN knife is a Pal made knife. Can't tell which model without seeing the rest of
    the knife. My best guess from what I can see of the blade shape is a RH-34
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The top one is 1896 Swedish Mauser. Scabbard and frog appear to be correct. These are usually found in nice condition.
    John

Quote by MAP View Post
    Forgot what country and rifle the first bayonet with black round handle is from/for. Not German. I think post war. Quite common. I got one for my son a few years back. Probably cost me $20
    I'm not a bayonet buff as such but my bet is that it is for the Swedish Mauser M1896 and the maker is EJAB (Eskiltuna). I think despite the quite modern appearance it is actually pre-war.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I'm not a bayonet buff as such but my bet is that it is for the Swedish Mauser M1896 and the maker is EJAB (Eskiltuna). I think despite the quite modern appearance it is actually pre-war.

Regards

Mark
    Yes. That was a typo by me. Definitely pre war. I just didn't remember who it was though.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. That was a typo by me. Definitely pre war. I just didn't remember who it was though.
    I must admit that whenever I see one of these my mind shouts "1950s" maybe because of the knurled and blued tubular grip which look so modern!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I must admit that whenever I see one of these my mind shouts "1950s" maybe because of the knurled and blued tubular grip which look so modern!

Regards

Mark
    I couldn't agree more. My knew it was pre war because I bought one...but I guess the artistic side of my mind subconsciously told my fingers to type something else.

Alpha ...post in separate threads

The Eickhorn marked dress bayonet here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-bayonet/
    The Solingen Marked fighting knife can have its own thread here in the main forum.

The rest do not belong in this forum as they are not German produced for the Third Reich

The USN Knife here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/equipment-field-gear/
    The Swedish mauser Bayonet here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...-knives-world/

This thread will be closed.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill