Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mint Fire Bayo with Rare Marking

Article about: Hi All, Here is my first bayo, it is near mint and has the rare logo of Linnenbrugger and Ellermann, this is the only manufacturer that incorporated a swaz into their logo from what I have r

Default Mint Fire Bayo with Rare Marking

Hi All,
    Here is my first bayo, it is near mint and has the rare logo of Linnenbrugger and Ellermann, this is the only manufacturer that incorporated a swaz into their logo from what I have researched, I believe there are 3 variations in diferent sizes and position, most do have maker logo's also such as Eickhorn but this one is unmarked in that aspect which I believe is even rarer, the frog is also nicely marked and the blade is stone mint along with the scabbard, frog and portepee. I know short fireman bayonets are not rare overall, but as far as fire bayo's go with this marking it is the top dog. Please feel free to share any additional knowledge, and comments are always welcome
    Mint Fire Bayo with Rare  MarkingMint Fire Bayo with Rare  MarkingMint Fire Bayo with Rare  MarkingMint Fire Bayo with Rare  MarkingMint Fire Bayo with Rare  MarkingMint Fire Bayo with Rare  MarkingMint Fire Bayo with Rare  MarkingMint Fire Bayo with Rare  MarkingMint Fire Bayo with Rare  Marking

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint Fire Bayo with Rare  Marking
    P
    Many

that is one very nice bayonet.

?

Max,

im not into the Bayonets but this one is a real beauty!
    Great set and a very nice addition to your collection!

Congratz,
    Ger

Thanks guys, I am not that into bayonets either but I wanted one for representations sake.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    ........................... Please feel free to share any additional knowledge, and comments are always welcome
    My congratulations on adding this exceptional fire sidearm w/accessories as a very worthy addition to your collection. And for overall condtion and rarirty it has it all. With the only comment I have a minor disagreement that I've had with many of those who collect them that keep calling them bayonets. Because it was with bayonets that I had my more serious introduction to the shorter German blades as those "pointy" little things that went onto the end of rifles. And the only way that I think a "Feurwehr-Faschinenmesser" (or "Seitengewehre") is going to be attached to a rifle is with some wire or duct tape.

Which does nothing to distract from the item posted, just my own point of view. Best regards, Fred

Beautiful fire sidearm that logo is much sought after as it is hard to come by and you are right that was the only one that used a swaz in its logo. Outstanding quality piece. timothy

Hi John you are not kidding it is a stunner and very representative of that branch of service! I like the portepee alot!..Logo and blade condition is excellent. No disrespect to you at all John as it is quite beautiful..but I am going to move this honey into the main population on the Main forum..as this forum is reserved for K98 bayos. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No problem larry, wasnt sure where to put it, I figured it would be appreciated more amongst the bayo collectors compared to the dagger/sword guys, just dont come to my house and move it out of my display case

Very attractive item. I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

About as Mint as it gets! Beautiful condition and a Fine looking set!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast