Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mint Government Official-Gold

Article about: From Angolia's book In the Service of the Reich I quote An official decree dated 15 May 1939 introduced wear of the gold-plated dagger for diplomatic and government officials for those offic

?

Default Gold Government Official Dagger

From Angolia's book "In the Service of the Reich" I quote "An official decree dated 15 May 1939 introduced wear of the gold-plated dagger for diplomatic and government officials for those officials authorized to wear the gold insignia on their uniform. Also there is a pic of Von Rippentrop on page 140 showing him wearing a gold diplomatic dagger. So, contrary to popular belief that Gold Government daggers were only for RMBO use- The high ranking officials wore the gold daggers as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint Government Official-Gold
    P
    Many

?

A very nice dagger, I'm like everybody else here I nothing about these daggers but it is sure nice to look at. So thanks for showing & the infomation I have learnt something today as well. Cheers Terry.

?

Default More pics

Mint Government Official-GoldMint Government Official-GoldMint Government Official-GoldMint Government Official-GoldMint Government Official-Gold

Thought I would add a few more pics of this dagger---
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint Government Official-Gold  
    Last edited by wiki; 05-23-2014 at 02:34 AM.

?

wiki,
    Sorry, but to me the new photos make the dagger look like it was refinished. Makes the gold look un-period. JMO. (I know it's just the photo, I still love the dagger)

?

Default Nw photos

Wagner- Yes It is my poor photographic skills at work- The professional pics are much better- I just wanted to show close ups of the Eichorn label -- These are really old shots. I will take some better shots in natural light. Thanks for the constructive criticism
    B

?

Wiki i got the solution to your photo problem: just send the dagger to me and i will make a stunning photo set for you

Ger

Bry...change the color background. Red does not mix well with Gold toned color..or red parts itself. For photographic purposes of detail only..use a darker color..but not bright. A very dark blue..would work well. The use of overhead lighting..is reflecting the gold..making it into a "sunsplash" of color..drowning out all detail.
    Indirect lighting..that reflects onto a white ceiling...no color ceilings..or you will have a mix of that color..included in the color tone of the dagger. There must be a balance. White poster board thumb tacked to the ceiling..above the knife works well for me.

Daggers are hard to shoot photos of..more so than most other collectables. Keep it subtle Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry- Thanks -Will do!
    Gerrit- I wish I could have you photograph my stuff- Your photos are stunning. What kind of camera and lens do you use ?

B

?

Default Natural light shot

Mint Government Official-Gold

Used Larry's dark blue background. The true color of the gold is clearly displayed.

Big difference Bry..and looks great..the red background did a major injustice to it caling into account its authenticity ..making it appear..as a Flea mart special. The use and mix of colors..is a matter of math. Some extreme lighting will reverberate the colors back into the lens of your camera..giving it an extra washed out look. Experimentation of the use of colors....need to be found. I have found that the darker less brilliant colors..like navy blues...forest greens..and deep reds..almost crimson...have brought out the detail of a dagger.
    Cloth items..are easy to photograph IMO..as there is a lack of shiney content...the blade and scabbard.are the most troublesome. Also give a try...a Grey background on an overcast day and away from trees. You will see a stunning difference. Every house is different in construction..and shape..making lighting more challenging than mother nature.

The photo above is a great start..and love the detail in the hangers..that was not seen before until now . Regards Larrry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast