Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mint Government Official-Gold

Article about: From Angolia's book In the Service of the Reich I quote An official decree dated 15 May 1939 introduced wear of the gold-plated dagger for diplomatic and government officials for those offic

?

Wiki, I would recommend a grey background. Me and Ger both use cardboard as background. Depending on the colour of the grip I use lighter or darker cardboard. Here's an example I recently posted.
    Eickhorn army dagger with glass grip
    The dagger is not even close to yours but I just wanted to show you how a cardboard background can work.

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint Government Official-Gold
    P
    Many

?

Default Advice Taken

So I tried some different color back drops-- As well as the last one in the safe where the dagger lives--- What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint Government Official-Gold   Mint Government Official-Gold  

Mint Government Official-Gold   Mint Government Official-Gold  

the lighter greys work the best
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The lighter grey background looks great! Your dagger is even more beautiful than I first thought. Well done

Danny

?

wiki,

I agree the light grey background makes your dagger stand out showing its lovely gold colour

Sweet rare dagger !!

Regards Mac 66.

?

I Always use the medium grey background, got that tip from the author Hans Seegers, who has published numerous books and articals about binoculars, he explained that a mediumgrey background is the most neutral color, leaving the details of the object as they are.

it sure makes this dagger look great!

regards,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 06-05-2014 at 07:21 AM.

See Jill Halcomb's book on the subject organizations, pp. 137 and 217. The gold dagger was worn exclusively by Generalgouvernment Poland Officials. The RMBO dagger was designed but never produced; you can see GO daggers in wear by those officials. There are contradictions in Angolia's books on the subject daggers. I have contacted him more than once on the subject and have had other noted authors contact him as well. None of us have received replies.

Gold RMBO GO dagger set of Hauptlagerleiter Friedrich Heil. Heil was I/c RMBO logistics/stores.

Mint Government Official-GoldMint Government Official-Gold

These pictures are scanned from slides. The late build is as Wiki's example of the Eickhorn RMBO, with single retaining screw at the rear of the scabbard. The gilt finish is muted. The hangers have orange/brown backs to match the facings of the RMBO uniform.

Thank you for your post and info. These are the first photos I have seen of the dagger with the RMBO-style hangers. Halcomb cites period TR regulations in her book. Obviously there were modifications to those regs. I have a very nice GO dagger and have always enjoyed researching the history and wear of these unique daggers.

Quote by Ed Johnson View Post
    I have a very nice GO dagger and have always enjoyed researching the history and wear of these unique daggers.
    Hi Ed..bring it on !! ...all information is welcome regarding these daggers and its history

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast