Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Bad RAD

Article about: Not interested in selling my hanger but it got me wondering what they go for. I was surprised I only found one early one and it was price at \\$695. Must have looked at 40 of the bullet type p

Default My Bad RAD

Hi All,
    I finally landed a RAD Hewer, and when I say its bad I mean its bad a**, how could I say no to this early double oval Eickhorn Marked beauty, well I couldnt lol it must weigh about 25 lbs, well maybe not that much but it feels like it, the stag grips are very nice along with the patina and the nice dark etch, it has some greying to the blade but no sharpining or nicks, not too bad for a very early example....now I just have to find one of those low cost and plentiful hangers haha. Ok its time to test this baby out, I have some small tree's in the back yard that need to be removed, it should only take a few whacks right?
    JK hope you enjoy the pics!
    My Bad RADMy Bad RADMy Bad RADMy Bad RADMy Bad RADMy Bad RADMy Bad RADMy Bad RAD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Bad RAD
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Bad RAD

This looks great.
    chris

?

Looks awesome. Great find!

?

This one has tons of character
    Nice early one, love the fittings patina!

Great find!
    Cheers,
    Ger

?

A cracking example and i love the dark etch to the motto
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks guys, it was love at first sight!

Hi Max, congrats on a fine pickup...and your right!!!...............it is BAD!!!...the Patina alone is the highlight of the dagger....yea you aint kidding this is a heavy dagger. The Motto burnish is rare to see in its present condition...very nice. This looks to been well preserved over the years. its good to see it in a new parents hands. Congrats!! Have a Cigar! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Got to love these huge old RAD choppers! Nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A very nice hewer you have there sir.
    Well done,you must be stoked with it.
    Cheers
    Dave

Thanks larry, it has wear in all the right places, and I got it for well below what dealers sell these early pieces for, almost half, I am glad I passed on the 4 or 5 others before this one came along, It is a real beast, I feel like Thor when I'm holding it haha, I assume that the date on this one is right around 34-35, there are no unit markings which makes me wonder if this was a officers since they didnt have an official version until 38, or were they issued the full stag grips back then? I am still working on learning about the entire history of these pieces and the variations, I know only Eickhorn made the very early ones and then everyone else jumped in and like most edged weapons, the quality went down hill once the war started.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast