Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My recent finds

Article about: Found these all within a few days of each other. There is also a DRK EM but I forgot to take pics. Never thought I would want to keep an SA dagger if I found once since they are somewhat com

?

Default Re: My recent finds

Gi Vix,

Ok, this is what you'll have to do:
    I see that there is still 1 screw left op top of the scabbard, this one still locks the throat to the scabbard.
    Now search a screwdriver that fits , spray the screw with a little WD40, wait 10 minutes and then carefully remove the screw.
    Now you can slowly pull the handle backwards, you will pull the entire throat ( which holds the grip with the locked release spring) and knife out of the scabbard.
    Now look whats the problem ...and remove the throat from the handle/dagger blade.
    Then put the throat back on..

Good luck!

Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My recent finds
    P
    Many

Got it out! Thanx Ger! Sadly its not an etched blade. Oddly enough there was piece of wood that was inserted in the scabbard which was preventing the blade from coming out. The wood was shaped just like the scabbard! dont know what purpose it had, maybe it kept the blade from rattling?? Anyways, its all good now!

Last edited by Vix Steel; 01-26-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Added pic

Well Done Vix!!..is there a makers logo on the other side of the blade? Nothing wrong with a plain bladed Naval as they are more rare than an etched blade. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Maker on the KM is Alasco....

It was nice to finally see the blade after all this time!

?

Look again, ill hope it says Alcoso...

Hi Vix,,I think you mean Alcoso,,still a nice find! The logo should look like this and the link below from our archives.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...oso-acs-27771/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My recent finds  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    ................. The Bulgarian dagger although rare to find,,I am not positive of its authenticity as this example is new in knowledge to me. I am hopeful for some feed back by our HJ collectors for a better assessment. Thanks for posting these here ................. Below is a photo I edited for text just to show the Bulgarian Youth knife only, from Ralf Siegerts Reference. Regards, Larry
    I'm afraid that I am most regrettably going to have to report that the same type of knife has been discussed elsewhere. And that Ralf may have to update that example in his book if he ever prints a second edition. So even if you are not a forum member, I think that you can still read the text and input from a collector who lives in Bulgaria - and knows his country's history much better than most in the U.S. or Western Europe. Which is not to say that there are not legitimate "Brannick" knives, but a lot of guys have been fooled (and I would not be surprised to find out that they are still being periodically manufactured/remanufactured). Fred

European Edged Weapons (Forum) "Bulgarian Brannik - Scout dagger" topic:

(( This link removed due to being a misdirected html. ))
    Last edited by Larry C; 02-01-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Sadly that link doesnt work for me...

Quote by Vix Steel View Post
    Sadly that link doesnt work for me...
    Try going here:

GermanDaggers.com - Forums powered by UBB.threads™ .

Or do a Google search for "German Daggers", or "German Daggers.com" and scroll down to: European Edged Weapons (Forum) "Bulgarian Brannik - Scout dagger" which is or was at the top of the list.

Best Regards, Fred

I read the thread and I cant come to any conclusions on this type of youth dagger but I know it will not generate to much discussion here as it is rarely seen to begin with. You are more than welcome Fred to start a separate thread on this type of foriegn dagger if you feel it would be discussion worthy Regards Larry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast