Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My recent finds

Article about: Found these all within a few days of each other. There is also a DRK EM but I forgot to take pics. Never thought I would want to keep an SA dagger if I found once since they are somewhat com

Default Re: My recent finds

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I read the thread and I cant come to any conclusions on this type of youth dagger but I know it will not generate to much discussion here as it is rarely seen to begin with. You are more than welcome Fred to start a separate thread on this type of foriegn dagger if you feel it would be discussion worthy Regards Larry
    I had no feelings one way or the other myself, with my original interest in the knives as something of an oddity that you never saw in person "back in the day". With 1000 kilometers between U.S. troops in Germany, and Bulgaria at the time very much under the influence of the Soviet Union. In 1933 in Germany there were over 2 million (combined branches) HJ members, and in 1939 it was over 7 million. So I can understand a fair number of HJ knives from veteran sources in the U.S. But I now find out that the total number of Brannick members (all branches) was 40,000, and that it was organized in 1940. With no U.S. occupation that I know of. So I'm not sure just where the thread is going to go myself .............. but I did find all those emblems for sale interesting (for less than a glass of beer somewhere else). Along with the "tourist" knife that was posted. And not speaking the language, or having access to internal documentation ( that may or may not exist) I'm looking at the images, and reading what is said to try and put it altogether in the context of what I know (or believe to be correct). Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My recent finds
    P
    Many

It seems these Youth Knives have a lot of history behind them. All I need to know is mine a real original one??

Hi Vix,, it is still hard to comment on this dagger unless it is done as an "in Hand inspection" with someone who knows these daggers. I would encourage you to read the thread link provided by Fred.."Frogprinz". That may give you some direction but to comment on the pictures provided would be difficult. I do like the condition and patina it is in,,but that can be common with any knife over a short period of time. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It was roughly two weeks ago that this discussion got started, last fall for GDC, with my seeing it and participation very recent. With my original long term interest in the weapons of Germany and its Allies, and Bulgaria being what I would call an LLP (Limited Liability Partner). With the Brannick Youth having some of the characteristics, but not the same as the HJ. And the GDC discussion giving me input on some of the current thinking in Bulgaria. Having been in some discussions where it literally took years to reach a "tipping point" where some reasonable conclusions could be made - and the good sorted out from the bad. Or alternately, in some cases where everything was bad. So for now it's a matter of acquiring more information as it turns up, which is not something that I have control over and it could take a while. Best regards to all, Fred

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3