Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nahkampfmesser: opinions need please

Article about: Need help. Real or fake. Bought as real.

Default re: Nahkampfmesser: opinions need please

Quote by kotsu View Post
    Found scan from Patarozzi with this knife p.112.

One man have the same knife. It is his photo
    Read some books and you can find some error´s !

Found some discussions in the WAF, hope, it helps:

boot knife RBNR ??? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

RBN marked trench knife - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

fighting Knife help - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Fighting Knife - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Need Opinions - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

German Combat knife, opinions please. - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

fighting Knife help - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

P.S.:
    Please, compare the markings of the maker and the Reichsbetriebsnummer upon the blade´s in the book and on your own knife.
    You know, what I mean ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfmesser: opinions need please
    P
    Many

Default re: Nahkampfmesser: opinions need please

With this one I am going to have to side with Reibert and Ade. The Luftwaffe boot knives that are provably so - have the Luftwaffe acceptance marking. RB Numbers started with other dateable items in 1943. With books having fakes in them going back to at least 1959, with some individuals still known to make an effort to get items they own "published". So they can point to them and say: "in Book or Vol. II" (etc.) to "prove" that they are legitimate period items. FP

Default Re: Nahkampfmesser: opinions need please

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    ... The Luftwaffe boot knives that are provably so - have the Luftwaffe acceptance marking. ...
    Not always !

You can find the Kampfmesser oft the Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe with the acceptance mark "Adler 5", or "Adler 6", then, only with the block letter W, or, S, stamped upon the blade.
    You also can find such fighting knive´s without any markings !

?

P.S.:
    Please, compare the markings of the maker and the Reichsbetriebsnummer upon the blade´s in the book and on your own knife.
    You know, what I mean ? [/QUOTE]

Sorry,I don't understand this information. N.B.NR 0/0878/0018 My knife is like in book. Not mirror

Quote by kotsu View Post
    Sorry,I don't understand this information. N.B.NR 0/0878/0018 My knife is like in book. Not mirror
    The markings are stamped on the opposite side !

?

But it's not my knife.

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    ... The Luftwaffe boot knives that are provably so - have the Luftwaffe acceptance marking. ...
    Quote by Reibert View Post
    Not always !
    You can find the Kampfmesser oft the Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe with the acceptance mark "Adler 5", or "Adler 6", then, only with the block letter W, or, S, stamped upon the blade.
    You also can find such fighting knive´s without any markings !
    Reibert, My point was that while Luftwaffe marked P 08 pistols and holsters (for example) are very hard to find. We also know that many Luftwaffe ground forces soldiers carried standard Wehrmacht issue equipment. With the Luftwaffe Eagle 5 or 6 marked close combat knives being in the same category as the Luftwaffe marked pistols and holsters just mentioned as unquestionably Luftwaffe issue. Regards, FP

When I lived in the UK I had a well known author (now history channel "military expert") come to my house to view and buy some German pieces from me.
    (I'm not going to name him......just in case he's on this forum).
    We spoke about a lot of things and in specific some of the CRAP books that are out there MIS-informing people collecting this stuff to which he replied with a grin,
    "Yeah but Mike.............once you get it in print.......it becomes the gospel truth. To Pad-Out a chapter or page, you do a bit of research........and what you can't find out.......you invent!"
    I've never quite had the same look on these books written by "experts" on the subjects since!

Unhappy Re: Nahkampfmesser: opinions need please

Ade's already put me straight on this one but I'm not ashamed to show my failures.....

...well, not really !

Thought it'sd be interesting to show what's out there.... this one has the same markings ....

I bought it ( luckily for not too much money ) about 15 years ago. The odd thing is that the quality of the steel is very good indeed and the sharpness of the knife-point is quite extraordinary ( you can very easily cut yourself with it ).

Luckily, it's stable-mate IS real ; -

The three-rivet one is a genuine Ardennes barn-find.....( or did that farmer look a bit shifty when I handed the Belgian Francs over all those years ago....)

Anyhow, my fake one is staying - it'll do very nicely as a letter-opener !

Thanks Martin.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast