Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife

Article about: I got this one recently. It's in great condition but unfortunately did not come with a scabbard, however, it was free so I shouldn't moan. The blade is marked / stamped with an 'S'.

Default Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife

I got this one recently. It's in great condition but unfortunately did not come with a scabbard, however, it was free so I shouldn't moan. The blade is marked / stamped with an 'S'.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife   Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife  

Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife   Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife  

Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife

Looks to be a good conditioned original example,, hopefully in time a scabbard will pop up somewhere! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I've had a quick look on eBay but there's nothing at the moment. Do you anymore about this knife? There seems to be some debate as to what the 'S' stands for (although I think the common consensus is that it is a manufacturer). I take it the best scabbard to look for is the metal variety with the clip (I have seen a number of leather scabbards but I am unsure whether these are original)

Im not sure of the "S" mark but I did notice another little mark underneath the left side of the crossguard,, what is that? Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think it is just a small dent/scratch and a mark. I noticed it on the photo as well, however, when you inspect the knife in hand you can't really see anything so I think it's just a trick of the light.

be patient so as for other members to see it who could give you a better description,, i will make it a point not to let your thread go south until you get a legitimate reply. Larry

?

i have said it before and i will say it again............free is always good

Nice pick up, especially for free!
    This is the style of sheath that it should have. They do show up for sale once in a while.
    I am still looking for an "S" marked example for my collection.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfmesser - Trench / Boot knife  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cheers Ralph for answering my query about the scabbard - the hunt is now on! (although I'll probably have to pay money for it Bah Humbug)

?

Seen these scabbards for sale once in a while, mostly referred as a LW Nahkampfmesser scabbard.
    If i come across one i will let you know

BTW nice knife, seen them often with the styled LW "5" control stamp,
    Cheers Ger