Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Article about: Yeah, Mercator as a brand is legit. Somebody just ruined a knife sticking those pooh fake TR markings on there. The brand has exsisted since the late 1800s. Its believed, that these were for

?

Here's another fake navy dagger that is currently being auctioned. It is advertised as 100% original. The seller photographed it on a reference book to make it look more convincing
    I've seen more daggers from this seller that are being offered with the same kind of photography and they are all fake. Many mistakes were made when they made this dagger but the biggest one is the maker mark. They used a non-existing Alcoso mark! When I'm not sure if a dagger is original I always take a good look at the maker mark but this one isn't much of a challenge LOL

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions
    P
    Many

?

These pictures are old, when I was still learning how to make good clear photo's But here are the four makermarks that Alcoso used.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Hi danny you forgot one This is Alexander Werke, after this producer seized by NSDAP, but still it was Alcoso with same employers... except it´s unhappy owners, which died in concentrations camps. RIP. You show us very nice reproduction, I don´t have any experience with naval daggers, only with Army and Luftwaffe 2nd. model, so I learn a lot of information from you, when I entered to this forum. Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

?

You are right Peter. I did forget that one. I think the one you show is quite rare too! Thanks for the additional picture

Danny

Default Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

I retrieved this from our classified section as it did not belong there..with the help of a seasoned collectors input. Below are the photos.

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A few Authentic K98 bayos with questionable etches..for the bayo collectors. Compliments of the Axis History forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Hi, Please find pictures of my SS dagger, Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions 
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-19-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Welcome to the forum, I think il go first on this one.

Looks like the early 33' with nickel fittings however it does have the plated type tang nut. Painted scabbard.

No district markings on the lower guard which is odd?

Theres something about the SS runes button. It seems to ride slightly high and is positioned to the left rather than central.

Im gonna be honest and say the blade doesn't look good for 3 reasons;
    A) poor fit to crossguard
    B) The motto's shallow
    C) its a heller and I don't think they even made ss daggers (but will check)

Could we see more pictures in natural light and of the dagger in the scabbard.

very best matty

?

Hi Matty, Thanks for the comments. Heller did make SA Daggers mainly, so this dagger is fairly rare. the Motto is good to me especially compared to most other blades I've seen. The grip fit with the cross guards Is ok. I think most other fits aren't always flush. Some time text books are to precise.

I will post more pictures.

Many thanks Matty.

Hi Dezieo, grip fits spot on, its the blade to the bottom of the crossguard that shows a slight gap with a tad of the shank showing.

Hellers makers mark isn't on any list I have, even the rare makers list.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast