Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help with this Bayonet

Article about: I'm trying to determine how much this bayonet might be worth. My girlfriends mom has had it forever and doesn't know how much it's worth. Her dead husband traded for it back in the 40's. It

Default Need Help with this Bayonet

I'm trying to determine how much this bayonet might be worth. My girlfriends mom has had it forever and doesn't know how much it's worth. Her dead husband traded for it back in the 40's. It has Reinhardt Heydrich on the bayonet, his emblem on the handle and SS on the bayonet with the numbers 1444. Here is a picture of it. Need Help with this BayonetNeed Help with this BayonetNeed Help with this BayonetNeed Help with this BayonetNeed Help with this BayonetNeed Help with this Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with this Bayonet
    P
    Many

Hello,
    This Seitengewehr 84/98 is not worth a lot of money...it has be ruined....too bad
    RH engraving is bad to the bones...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Original Bayonet with bad engraving as put above ruined

Do all the Seitengewehr 84/98 have Reinhardt Heydrich name on them?

Quote by carlosclements View Post
    Do all the Seitengewehr 84/98 have Reinhardt Heydrich name on them?
    This is a genuine WW2 German bayonet with the Reinhardt Heydrich and SS markings added in the 1970s. These markings did not exist in the 1940s.

I see.

Is there pictures of these some where I can look at some of these 1970 altered bayonets?

Oh dear another genuine piece ruined. be a bugger if it was a matching set.

Hi Carlos..welcome to the forum..I agree with also our Moderator J Philip..the etch has been poorly executed. The bayonet prior the engraving WAS worth much more...but now...maybe worth after the engraving $50 US.

Regarding the Story of how the bayonet was obtained...,,we hear them all the time...on this forum..we examine the bayonet first..not the story. No Disrespect towards you Carlos....when collecting in this modern day technology...." Believe nothing you hear..and half of what you see"

Below is a link to this thread where there are many near perfect edged weapons..that have been altered. Regards Larry

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by carlosclements View Post
    Is there pictures of these some where I can look at some of these 1970 altered bayonets?
    If you do a search on "etched k98 bayonet", you will find many. Combat bayo's were not etched during the Third Reich, most came out of the UK in the 70's, as has been stated, and are probably still being made to some degree even now.

As Larry said, the bayo would have been worth more if all original. On the bright side, there is still value there as the scabbard and frog look to be in good shape.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast