Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need help indetifying a dagger

Article about: Dear Forum experts! Frank from the museum here again. I really could use your help identifying this dagger which was brought in to the museum. I am having a a tough time placing and dating i

Default Need help indetifying a dagger

Dear Forum experts!

Frank from the museum here again. I really could use your help identifying this dagger which was brought in to the museum. I am having a a toughtime placing and dating it. Is there anybody who might be able to help?

Need help indetifying a daggerNeed help indetifying a daggerNeed help indetifying a daggerNeed help indetifying a daggerNeed help indetifying a dagger

Thank you for your time and expertise!

Frank

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help indetifying a dagger
    P
    Many

There are better experts here than me, but I would guess this is a small letter opener sized dagger? I would assume it was a salesmanship sample piece, and that it dates from the 1930's as it is in the style of a dress bayonet of that area. Others will tell you more authoritively than I can.

Pretty much agree with Douglas.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank! I kinda thought that myself

- - ------- - -

Thank you!

Maybe I missed something in the postings, and it could be as the others have suggested. But not seeing a reference to size or a comparison example could it possibly be some kind of trench knife? Best Regards, Fred

The simplicity of construction together with the makers name being prominently displayed led me to conclude it was probably a small salesmans dagger. Clearly if the dagger was not small that would be significant, but the prominence of the makers name is not something I would expect to see on a knife intended for serious use.

?

Its a letter opener and this one would be used as relation gifts, a kind of advertisement.
    Lenght of these are commonly about 7 "inches.
    These are not rare but they do make a nice display next to their big brother

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Its a letter opener and this one would be used as relation gifts, a kind of advertisement.
    Lenght of these are commonly about 7 "inches.
    These are not rare but they do make a nice display next to their big brother

Ger
    Point noted on the length with a number of the period knives/daggers etc. that fall into the general category of trench knives starting at about 10 inches (overall). A portion of which have marked blades, and the anchor logo identified with at least 20 names. Best Regards, Fred