Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New collector

Article about: Hello everyone! I am a new collector, wanting to collect I should say, as I have yet to make my first purchase. I have been casing local auctions and some online. One question I could not fi

Default New collector

Hello everyone! I am a new collector, wanting to collect I should say, as I have yet to make my first purchase. I have been casing local auctions and some online.

One question I could not find the answer to, did search around a bit, but with the RZM emblem, did they ever stamp the RZM code with the RZM within two circles?

From what I can tell, there was never two full circles, because the M was connected to the inner circle, never two complete. Am I correct in assuming this was never the case (two complete circles with the RZM inside)?

Thanks for your input!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector
    P
    Many

Default Re: New collector

Nevermind about this question, it does seem that some RZM stamps did have the double complete circle.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Over the years there has been some mis-information printed which has caused some confusion. By rights, the inner circle would connect to the "M". HOWEVER, this is not always the case: on some 1933 pattern SS daggers the RZM mark is within two circles and it does not connect to the letter "M".

I can show an example here from a named and researched dagger from my collection.

Also please take a look at this link:

Dienstdolch - Infos von Sammlern für Sammler - RZM Logos

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New collector  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Great information Ade.