Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Newbie Numpty Needs Help W/ Bayonet and Portepee

Article about: Hello to all. No one in this household is knowledgeable concerning German edged weapons (and I can't cook either). Is this portepee correct for the bayonet ? I've Googled around and sort of

Default Newbie Numpty Needs Help W/ Bayonet and Portepee

Hello to all. No one in this household is knowledgeable concerning German edged weapons (and I can't cook either). Is this portepee correct for the bayonet ? I've Googled around and sort of ID'd the bayo as WWII German Fire and Police (correct me please). As for the knot, one large online German militaria dealer ID's it as Land and Customs (that's not right, is it?). Another dealer has it as Police NCO (makes more sense?). And is "portepee" really the correct terminology for this knot? Seems I read other sword knot terms as well but didn't find out the difference. Many thanks for any help.

Lynne
    Attached Images Attached Images Newbie Numpty Needs Help W/ Bayonet and Portepee  Newbie Numpty Needs Help W/ Bayonet and Portepee  Newbie Numpty Needs Help W/ Bayonet and Portepee 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newbie Numpty Needs Help W/ Bayonet and Portepee
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

Default Re: Newbie Numpty Needs Help W/ Bayonet and Portepee

dress bayonet from a fire dptmt the knott is the key to which area ,, i cant help further
    cheers ian
    oh mabe police but i realy think fire

Thank you for your reply, ian.

Lynne

dress bayo is a good fire one the knot thing is something i have never seen before

tom

As already stated, the sidearm is Fire Brigade and the knot is Police issue for the sword.

Cheers, Ade.

The knot shown is also worn with the police bayonet. it is slightly smaller than the sword knot. The fire department bayonet knot is silver and red.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks to each of you who posted. And, to you, Bob for clarifying what I thought I had read or searched while Googling around. As I said, we are totally in the dark with this type of item and appreciate all the help given here.

Lynne