Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Newbie question

Article about: What does ground mean? Also I have noticed on one of my daggers I can see I guess what is called a cross grain ( lines running parallel to the blade ) which I assume is a good thing??

Default Newbie question

What does " ground " mean? Also I have noticed on one of my daggers I can see I guess what is called a cross grain ( lines running parallel to the blade ) which I assume is a good thing??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newbie question
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Newbie question

Cross graining is a good sign but you can also find this on fake daggers too.
    Very basically, the term 'ground' in the context of daggers means that an inscription has been 'ground' off, by a grinder for example. You will see 'Ground' Rohm daggers here on the forum being offered for sale or evaluation, try a search.
    When Ernst Rohm umm..... lost favour?......, daggers with his signature engraved on the blade had his name ground off, hence the term 'Ground Rohm'.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for your assistance!

?

Actually i never thought about the Rohm "issue" and the daggers. Thanks for sharing info.

Crossgraining is nice to see. But not every maker left these machining marks in place. Some polished the blades to a higher degree to remove it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Mine is an absolute beauty! I bought the RLB dagger from William and I feel over when I saw how good of shape it was in! It looks brand new....with just a couple of spots!!